Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting up a path in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting up a path in UNIX Post 302544670 by bobby1015 on Thursday 4th of August 2011 12:55:23 PM
Old 08-04-2011
Thanx for all the replies..That was quite informative. Appreciated
But the thing which bothers me is I am not able to find the get_inf_env in the directory.. I have searched in all the directories. But still am not able to find the path for that particular utility..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Global PATH setting

I am using Solaris 8 and I want to change the PATH setting for all users. I have edited /etc/profile, but when I log in and check the PATH variable, it hasn't changed. Am I missing something? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting path for GCC?

Dear all, I have downloaded the latest version of gcc --- gcc-3.3.1.tar.gz from gnu.org. My Linux distribution is Mandrake 9.0. This was how I installed it: su - passwrd: mkdir /usr/local/src cd /usr/local/src gunzip /tmp/gcc-3.3.1.tar.gz #where I downloaded the file tar xvf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting $PATH for a particular file...????

:) dear members; I am trying to placea directory to keep minor records in particular directories.. rather than just rely on hard links.. I would like to set the $PATH variable so that I can access the directory itself from anywhere; ex./ /tmp or /bin /var... I know how to export enviromental... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on setting path variable

Hi there, I need help on setting the path variable. How can I set the path variable with Bourne Shell. My scripts goes like this, but did not work. #!/bin/sh PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/export/home/zchen/home export PATH Thanks, Z (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: randomcz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting path

Hi all, I have a java command in a shell script. When i m executing the command from the prompt its working fine. But when i paste the same command in a shell script and execute the shell script it says path not found. Please help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika03
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem Setting $PATH

I am trying to install the pkg-get package to a fresh install of Solaris 10. I am able to download and install correctly using the default directory for both pkg-get and wget as found on blastwave.org. When I issue the command "which wget and which pkg-get" it returns no wget or pkg-get found in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greengrass
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Setting PATH - Vanishes

Hi , I new to solaris. I want to set path variable . Eg: JAVA_HOME. When i do this, #JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk/jdk1.6 #export JAVA_HOME #echo $JAVA_HOME /usr/jdk/jdk1.6 Then its ok. When i toggle to bourne shell or if i log off or restart. then JAVA_HOME is echoed blank. How to set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanagurus
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any $PATH default setting?

This is a very newbie's question: I was trying to add a new version of the same command "blastn", but the old command always shows up first. which blastn /usr/local/bin/blastnThe two versions of the same command "blastn" are located in: which -a blastn /usr/local/bin/blastn... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting class path

hi , can anybody help me to chage the class path in unix server.. what are the files need to update .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
2 Replies
sane-ricoh(5)						   SANE Scanner Access Now Easy 					     sane-ricoh(5)

NAME
sane-ricoh - SANE backend for Ricoh flatbed scanners DESCRIPTION
The sane-ricoh library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access to the following Ricoh flatbed scanners: IS50 IS60 DEVICE NAMES
This backend expects device names of the form: special Where special is the path-name for the special device that corresponds to a SCSI scanner. The special device name must be a generic SCSI device or a symlink to such a device. The program sane-find-scanner helps to find out the correct device. Under Linux, such a device name could be /dev/sga or /dev/sge, for example. See sane-scsi(5) for details. FILES
/etc/sane.d/ricoh.conf The backend configuration file (see also description of SANE_CONFIG_DIR below). /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-ricoh.a The static library implementing this backend. /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-ricoh.so The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading). ENVIRONMENT
SANE_CONFIG_DIR This environment variable specifies the list of directories that may contain the configuration file. Under UNIX, the directories are separated by a colon (`:'), under OS/2, they are separated by a semi-colon (`;'). If this variable is not set, the configura- tion file is searched in two default directories: first, the current working directory (".") and then in /etc/sane.d. If the value of the environment variable ends with the directory separator character, then the default directories are searched after the explic- itly specified directories. For example, setting SANE_CONFIG_DIR to "/tmp/config:" would result in directories "tmp/config", ".", and "/etc/sane.d" being searched (in this order). SANE_DEBUG_RICOH If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. Higher debug levels increase the verbosity of the output. Example: export SANE_DEBUG_RICOH=4 SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-scsi(5) AUTHOR
Feico W. Dillema 14 Jul 2008 sane-ricoh(5)