Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Linux to Windows Printing: PDF starts printing from middle of page. Post 302544536 by rohan69 on Thursday 4th of August 2011 05:24:07 AM
Old 08-04-2011
Hello thanks for the replies,

The machine that we are trying to print from has Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga):
[root@dieappsrv ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)
[root@dieappsrv ~]# uname -a
Linux dieappsrv 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Thu Sep 3 02:16:47 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[root@dieappsrv ~]#

The Printer is attached to a Windows XP Prof. Version 2002 SP 3.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing PDF files

Hi all: I'm trying to resolve a print issue in HPUX. Background: An ascii report file was being produced by a program. It was being sent to the printer via internal commands, to wit: let #send_status = 0 let $send_cmd = 'lp -d lp03 /ps/tmp/edsprint/eds*.N.LIS' call... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing in postscript or convert from pdf?

hi - go easy on me, i'm new to UNIX... i need to resample huge pdf files and make them smaller. distiller won't resize existing pdf files. i thought i could print the pdf to a postscript file and then resample that. would that work? if so, how? is this the best way forward or should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jono2000
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PDF Printing....

:confused: We have a Sco Open Unix 5.0.5 Server that I am trying to configure to allow for PDF creation. Currently the server is just using lpr to print to laser printers located throughout the facility. The goal is to be able to also print to pdf documents. There is no option for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloescobar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing to PDF - Advanced usage

Hello, Just a rather long query regarding printing to PDF. I have installed the Cups-PDF printing system which enables me to send a normal text file and create a PDF of it. I then use the pdftk to merge that file with a template. My question is, that I have a database system that will need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing to a web page

I have a shell script that runs periodic upgrades on machines. I want to print certain echo commands from the shell script onto a webpage. What command in shell should I use for doing this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing only the middle word between two patterns

How would I print the word "and" between the words "FOO" and BAR" using sed? My file has three words in it FOO and BAR. I only want the word "and". Thanks every one. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigta09
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Page Break in a file for printing

Hi, We have 1lac records in source file and unix script will genarate around 1000 files. From target location the files are taking for printing on physical papers. the page size limitation : 256 Lines Can you please tell me how to insert the page break in a flat file for printer. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Pdf Printing in Solaris

HI All I need help related to Pdf printing in Solaris.as I print pdf file in solaris it print garbage.how can I print pdf correctly. need help asap. Regards (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
21 Replies

9. Solaris

Printing pdf problem using pasta.cfg

hi folks I have issue in printing pdf while using ERP application, it's using pasta utility to print pdf. If i print from command line its successful while when ERP user give print command the printer doesnot print anything rather it gives error which is as follows ESP Ghostscript 815.01:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing all the values in the middle of two columns

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file with three columns: Input: 1 25734 25737 1 32719 32724 1 59339 59342 1 59512 59513 1 621740 621745 For each row of the text file I want to print out all the values between the second and third columns, including them. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". It is designed to be used in a non-interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Net- work Classic --username The username to register the system with under Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an exist- ing Spacewalk, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Spacewalk / Red Hat Satellite / Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)