Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to insert variable date (monthly) from SQL script Post 302544440 by frank_rizzo on Wednesday 3rd of August 2011 07:20:37 PM
Old 08-03-2011
man date and check the +FORMAT option

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script variable within a sql query

I created a script to read a csv file with four columns. The script also saved values of each col in a arry. In the script, i connected to db try to run a query to pull out data baisc on the values from the csv file. select Num from tableName where Sec_Num in ('${isin}') /*isin is an arry... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sherry_Run
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convertion of Date Format using SQL query in a shell script

When I write Select date_field from TableA fetch first row only I am getting the output as 09/25/2009. I want to get the output in the below format 2009-09-25 i.e., MM-DD-YYYY. Please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable to SQL script

Hi Guys, I like to pass a variable to a sql file in a unix script.. I tried a below code.. var=200903 db2 -vf test.sql 200903 test.sql is as below. select * from db2.users where quarter = $1; Please tell me where i go wrong.. Thanks in advance, Magesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to insert variable file into another, bit like C's #include

Hi, I want to insert one file into another like this: file 1: 1 2 3 <!-- #include file="file2" --> 4 5 <!-- #include file="file3" --> 6 with the complete output going to another file. Have seen some solutions to similar problems using sed, but this problem is different because it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvq
5 Replies

5. Programming

How to put variable date from SQL Script

Hi Guys, Can someone please help me on adding/inserting a variable to an sql scipt? Basically I want to assign today's date. As shown below.. set head off; set linesize 300; set pagesize 200; spool /opt/oracle/temp/output.txt select value,count(*) as totalcount from pmowner.pinpebasev... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put date range from a perl & sql script

Hi Guys, Can someone please help me on adding/inserting a variable date to an sql scipt? Basically I want to assign a 7 days date range. As shown below.. #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use Env qw(ORACLE_HOME); my $SQLPLUS='/opt/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/bin/sqlplus -S... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinpe
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL Script to use variable value from input file

Here is the requirement, When I run the "run file KSH (sql)", it should substitute '${pCW_Bgn_DT}' with 201120 and '${pCW_End_DT}' with 201124 Input File ---------- $ cat prevwk.dat 201124 20110711 run file KSH (sql) ------------------ In this file, I want to use the variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanrice
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to sql from script

Hi Friend, I have one file in which some number are mentioned and number of lines are vary every time And i need to pass that number to my sql command from script. Suppose i have file acc.txt 45456546456 45464564565 67854353454 67657612132 Number of records are vary every time.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
20 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

BASH SCRIPT - Insert date into cells in cvs file

Hi, I'm looking to accomplish the following. Insert current date into three places/cells within a cvs, every time the bash script is executed. The cells are column A,B,C row 2. Row 1 is reserved for the headers. The file name is always orders.csv. These three cells we always have an old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rookievmc
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csv files sort by date and zip monthly

Hi, I'm an absolute beginner in shell programming. I would need a script for a NAS that makes the csv files sorted by date and always monthly a zip. In the current month, the data should be integrated into this folder, so there are only monthly files. Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pipo
1 Replies
DATE(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           DATE(1)

NAME
date - print or set the system date and time SYNOPSIS
date [OPTION]... [+FORMAT] date [-u|--utc|--universal] [MMDDhhmm[[CC]YY][.ss]] DESCRIPTION
Display the current time in the given FORMAT, or set the system date. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -d, --date=STRING display time described by STRING, not 'now' --debug annotate the parsed date, and warn about questionable usage to stderr -f, --file=DATEFILE like --date; once for each line of DATEFILE -I[FMT], --iso-8601[=FMT] output date/time in ISO 8601 format. FMT='date' for date only (the default), 'hours', 'minutes', 'seconds', or 'ns' for date and time to the indicated precision. Example: 2006-08-14T02:34:56-06:00 -R, --rfc-email output date and time in RFC 5322 format. Example: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 02:34:56 -0600 --rfc-3339=FMT output date/time in RFC 3339 format. FMT='date', 'seconds', or 'ns' for date and time to the indicated precision. Example: 2006-08-14 02:34:56-06:00 -r, --reference=FILE display the last modification time of FILE -s, --set=STRING set time described by STRING -u, --utc, --universal print or set Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit FORMAT controls the output. Interpreted sequences are: %% a literal % %a locale's abbreviated weekday name (e.g., Sun) %A locale's full weekday name (e.g., Sunday) %b locale's abbreviated month name (e.g., Jan) %B locale's full month name (e.g., January) %c locale's date and time (e.g., Thu Mar 3 23:05:25 2005) %C century; like %Y, except omit last two digits (e.g., 20) %d day of month (e.g., 01) %D date; same as %m/%d/%y %e day of month, space padded; same as %_d %F full date; same as %Y-%m-%d %g last two digits of year of ISO week number (see %G) %G year of ISO week number (see %V); normally useful only with %V %h same as %b %H hour (00..23) %I hour (01..12) %j day of year (001..366) %k hour, space padded ( 0..23); same as %_H %l hour, space padded ( 1..12); same as %_I %m month (01..12) %M minute (00..59) %n a newline %N nanoseconds (000000000..999999999) %p locale's equivalent of either AM or PM; blank if not known %P like %p, but lower case %q quarter of year (1..4) %r locale's 12-hour clock time (e.g., 11:11:04 PM) %R 24-hour hour and minute; same as %H:%M %s seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC %S second (00..60) %t a tab %T time; same as %H:%M:%S %u day of week (1..7); 1 is Monday %U week number of year, with Sunday as first day of week (00..53) %V ISO week number, with Monday as first day of week (01..53) %w day of week (0..6); 0 is Sunday %W week number of year, with Monday as first day of week (00..53) %x locale's date representation (e.g., 12/31/99) %X locale's time representation (e.g., 23:13:48) %y last two digits of year (00..99) %Y year %z +hhmm numeric time zone (e.g., -0400) %:z +hh:mm numeric time zone (e.g., -04:00) %::z +hh:mm:ss numeric time zone (e.g., -04:00:00) %:::z numeric time zone with : to necessary precision (e.g., -04, +05:30) %Z alphabetic time zone abbreviation (e.g., EDT) By default, date pads numeric fields with zeroes. The following optional flags may follow '%': - (hyphen) do not pad the field _ (underscore) pad with spaces 0 (zero) pad with zeros ^ use upper case if possible # use opposite case if possible After any flags comes an optional field width, as a decimal number; then an optional modifier, which is either E to use the locale's alter- nate representations if available, or O to use the locale's alternate numeric symbols if available. EXAMPLES
Convert seconds since the epoch (1970-01-01 UTC) to a date $ date --date='@2147483647' Show the time on the west coast of the US (use tzselect(1) to find TZ) $ TZ='America/Los_Angeles' date Show the local time for 9AM next Friday on the west coast of the US $ date --date='TZ="America/Los_Angeles" 09:00 next Fri' DATE STRING
The --date=STRING is a mostly free format human readable date string such as "Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:21:42 -0800" or "2004-02-29 16:21:42" or even "next Thursday". A date string may contain items indicating calendar date, time of day, time zone, day of week, relative time, rela- tive date, and numbers. An empty string indicates the beginning of the day. The date string format is more complex than is easily docu- mented here but is fully described in the info documentation. AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report date translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/date> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) date invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 DATE(1)