Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1 Post 302544254 by mark54g on Wednesday 3rd of August 2011 09:36:21 AM
Old 08-03-2011
You are installing the i586 version of your package, which then needs a 32bit library for ODBC. The package you have installed is 64bit, which is why the library is listed as incompatible

try

Code:
yum provides libodbc.so.1

then add the 32bit version of that package
This User Gave Thanks to mark54g For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two Oracle's installed

In my directory /u01/app/oracle/product I have two Oracle products installed. $ ls 8.1.7 817_http The application installed on the server is using PL/SQL procs to display webpages(not sure how) Now I have to create a similar server for development. Our sysadmin has built up a host... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if rpm is installed

Hi all im hoping someone can help, i want to check if a rpm package is installed, if it is then display one text if not then another text, below is what i have got so far, im am very much a noob at this, as you can probably can see so if possible make it simple, and a big thankyou if you can help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
3 Replies

3. Linux

RPM used to installed to get a partcular command

Hi, I have a query in linux and please find the details of it I have a command in linux and i want to know which rpm has provided that command. ie: if we take ifconfig command ,i want to know what is the rpm package used to get that command. Regards Arun.Kakarla (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
3 Replies

4. AIX

OS Patches installed but they seem as not installed

Hello everyone: I've installed an OS patch into AIX 6.1 by running the following command: instfix -d /tmp/6100-02-03 -k "IZ41855" however it seem not installed instfix -i -k "IZ41855" There was no data for IZ41855 in the fix database. what am I doing wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

5. AIX

aioo seems to be not installed

Hi everyone: I've a server running AIX 6.1 which had initialy technology level =0, after an upgrade oslevel -s reports that it was increased to 6100-04-02, however after doing this the aioo command seems to be not present, what did I do wrong? edit: lslpp shows bos.rte.aio was installed: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

7. Linux

rpm packaging issue for unixodbc driver manager

Hi All, I am trying to make rpm package for unixODBC driver manager 2.3.0 using below spec file. During rpmbuild i am getting the error. Can you pls advice how we can overcome this issue %define name unixODBC %define ver 2.3.0 %define prefix /usr %define sysconfdir /etc %define libdir... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to create an rpm from installed files?

i would like to package up an rpm from pre-installed files, say i have a program called "widget" installed under "/opt/widget" /opt/widget/bin/* /opt/widget/lib/* /opt/widget/etc/* /opt/widget/log/* and i want to create an rpm from those already installed files, what would the spec file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melixir
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
yum-verify(1)															     yum-verify(1)

NAME
yum verify plugin SYNOPSIS
yum [options] verify [package ...] DESCRIPTION
This plugin extends yum with some commands that give verification information on the installed system, much like rpm -V. You can change how the verification is done and which files it applies to. added yum commands are: * verify * verify-rpm * verify-all all of which take the same arguments as the list yum command, obviously you can only verify packages that are installed on the system. verify Is the generic verification command, and is intended to give the most useful output. It removes all false matches due to multilib and ignores changes to configuration files by default. verify-rpm Is meant to be 100% compatible with rpm -V output, and any differences should be considered as bugs. verify-all Is used to list all the differences, including some that rpm itself will ignore. GENERAL OPTIONS
These are the options added to yum that are available in the verify commands. They are: --verify-filenames This option is used to limit the filenames that the packages will perform verification. --verify-configuration-files This option is only useful in the generic verify command, and will enable/disable verification of files that are tagged as configu- ration files. EXAMPLES
To do the same as rpm -Va, use: yum verify-rpm To verify the packages starting with the name yum, use: yum verify 'yum*' To verify the binaries that are in a bin directory, use: yum verify --verify-filenames='*bin/*' To verify all include files, Eg. for multilib problems, use: yum verify-all --verify-filenames='/usr/include/*' SEE ALSO
yum (8) yum.conf (5) the verify.conf file in /etc/yum/plugins.d AUTHORS
James Antill <james.antill@redhat.com>. BUGS
Currently yum-verify does not do verify-script checking or dependency checking, only file checking. Should you find any other bugs, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 01 March 2008 yum-verify(1)