Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail with body
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mail with body Post 302544112 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 3rd of August 2011 02:37:14 AM
Old 08-03-2011
Code:

echo $body | mail -s "Subject" abcd@abc.xom

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get åäö in e-mail message body

First of all: Hi all, i´m a new unix user and i´m swedish so please bare with me. When i generate an e-mail on a unix server and send it through novell netware 5, i loose the swedish characters å, ä and ö in the body of the message, however they remain in the subject row. What to do? Anyone?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: de98luto
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send body in a mail

Hi, How to send send body along with attachment in a mail given below is code to send mail with attachemnt.its working fine but i need to send some message as body of the mail. uuencode /prod/applc/ds_data/mac/working/nullctry.csv "nullctry.csv" | mailx -s "List Of Attendance"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajendragora
6 Replies

3. AIX

Send mail attachments and have a mail body

Hi, How can I send mail attachments from shell script (AIX) and have a mail body as well ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibajighosh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachement as well as message Body..?

Hi all, i am working with CSH, i want to know that how to send a mail in UNIX shell script (CSH) with attachment as well as message body. i know that how to send a mail with attachment and message body. but i want know both things in a single mail Suggession would be appreciate. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

5. Solaris

mailx on solaris - How to add mail body

hi, Can anyone please tell me how to add some text in the mail body like I can add subject using the following syntax. mailx -s "Hi - This is mail subject" xyz@abc.com Many Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abovais
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to mail with this body

Hi, i have a file ABC, i want to mail the contents of this file and i want to make the body of the mail per my choice like this: Hi All, This is the Report for today. <Browse of the File ABC> i am using : mailx -s "Today's Report" abcd@xyz.com << EOT Hi All, This is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prat007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix mail body with attachment

How can I send mail with attachment in HP-UX I am able to send mail with specific body,but not successful while attaching a file. I am using the below command however it stuck : uuencode test.txt |mailx -s "Subject" <e-mail id> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamadak
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail: subject and body text

HI, After giving the mail -e name@domain.com its asking the subject : after this its enter in to the body of the mail i.e. (in edit mode) How to end this edit process to send mail ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put subject and body to mail from two files

Hi all, My sample file is something like this, ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-00202: Message 202 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-27063: Message 27063 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri1977
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty to send image in mail body.

I have jpg file in my server. I am facing difficulty while sending the image in body . appreciate your help to fix to below code. echo "--FILEBOUNDARY" echo "Content-Type: image/jpg" echo "Content-Disposition: inline; filename=\"tick.jpg\"" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
3 Replies
NE_SET_REQUEST_BODY_(3) 					neon API reference					   NE_SET_REQUEST_BODY_(3)

NAME
ne_set_request_body_buffer, ne_set_request_body_fd, ne_set_request_body_fd64 - include a message body with a request SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_request.h> void ne_set_request_body_buffer(ne_request *req, const char *buf, size_t count); int ne_set_request_body_fd(ne_request *req, int fd, off_t begin, off_t length); DESCRIPTION
The ne_set_request_body_buffer function specifies that a message body should be included with the body, which is stored in the count bytes buffer buf. The ne_set_request_body_fd function can be used to include a message body with a request which is read from a file descriptor. The body is read from the file descriptor fd, which must be a associated with a seekable file (not a pipe, socket, or FIFO). count bytes are read, beginning at offset begin (hence, passing begin as zero means the body is read from the beginning of the file). For all the above functions, the source of the request body must survive until the request has been dispatched; neither the memory buffer passed to ne_set_request_body_buffer nor the file descriptor passed to ne_set_request_body_fd are copied internally. SEE ALSO
ne_request_create AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_SET_REQUEST_BODY_(3)