Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CREATING A SYLLABLE CONCORDANCE WITH POSITIONAL VARIANTS Post 302543971 by DGPickett on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 02:52:28 PM
Old 08-02-2011
A logic tree and removing redundant tests save time. If it has a prefix char, it is medial or final else it is initial or standalone, and for prefix'ed, if not medial it is always final, no test needed.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a syllable concordance

Hello, I have two files. The first file contains specific syllables of a language (Hindi) and the second file contains a large database from which these syllables have been culled. The syllable file which has syllables in Hindi has one syllable per line and the corpus file has a data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[All variants] remove first pair of parentheses

How to remove first pair of parentheses and content in them from the beginning of the line? Here's the list: (ok)-test (ok)-test-(ing) (some)-test-(ing)-test test-(ing) Desired result: test test-(ing) test-(ing)-test test-(ing) Here's what I already tried with GNU sed: sed -e... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a clustering concordance for a Perso-Arabic script

I am working on a database of a language using Arabic Script. One of the major issues is that the shape of the characters changes according to their initial, medial or final positioning. Another major issue is that of the clustering of vowels within the word: the clustering changes totally the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[All variants] Change settings

Hi, I have a big settings confg (file attached). There are a few separate tasks that I have to accomplish. All scripting/programming languages are appreciated. 1. I need to parse all values and output to stdout. Sample output (truncated): VALUEA 2017-01-01 Lores ipsum Lorem ipsum dolor sit... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge 4 bim files by keeping only the overlapping variants (unique rs values )

Dear community, I am facing a problem and I kindly ask your help: I have 4 different data sets consisted from 3 different types of array. On each file, column 1 is chromosome position, column 2 is SNP id etc... Lets say I have the following (bim) datasets: x2014: 1 rs3094315... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fondan
4 Replies
flsudoku(6)							   Games Manual 						       flsudoku(6)

NAME
flsudoku - the fltk sudoku game SYNOPSIS
Sudoku is a FLTK-based version of the game of Sudoku. Sudoku (pronounced soo-dough-coo with the emphasis on the first syllable) is a sim- ple number-based puzzle/game played on a 9x9 grid that is divided into 3x3 subgrids. The goal is to enter a number from 1 to 9 in each cell so that each number appears only once in each column and row. At the start of a new game, Sudoku fills in a random selection of cells for you - the number of cells depends on the difficulty level you use. Click in any of the empty cells or use the arrow keys to highlight individual cells and press a number from 1 to 9 to fill in the cell. To clear a cell, press 0, Delete, or Backspace. As you complete each subgrid, correct subgrids are highlighted in green. When you have successfully completed all subgrids, the entire puzzle is highlighted until you start a new game. As you work to complete the puzzle, you can display possible solutions inside each cell by holding the Shift key and pressing each number in turn. Repeat the process to remove individual numbers, or press a number without the Shift key to replace them with the actual number to use. SEE ALSO
fltk(3) FLTK Web Site, http://www.fltk.org/ AUTHOR
Michael R Sweet. 15 January 2006 FLTK Sudoku flsudoku(6)