Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX SSH Error - Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive) Post 302543937 by nice_chapp on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 12:45:08 PM
Old 08-02-2011
Network SSH Error - Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive)

Hello,

I'm trying to setup password less authentication to remote ssh server. I generated the public key and gave it to the vendor and The key is added in the remote machines authorized_keys file.

When I try to connect to a remote machine through SFTP username@host I am getting the error message

Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).

Can any one tell me what is the problem.

Here is the debug log:

Code:
Connecting to sshftp-remoteserver.com...
OpenSSH_4.7p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8f 11 Oct 2007
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: Failed dlopen: /usr/krb5/lib/libkrb5.a(libkrb5.a.so):   0509-022 Cannot load module /usr/krb5/lib/libkrb5.a(libkrb5.a.so).
        0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

debug1: Error loading Kerberos, disabling Kerberos auth.
debug1: Connecting to sshftp-remoteserver.com [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /cgate/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
debug1: identity file /cgate/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version Connect:Enterprise_UNIX_2.4.02
debug1: no match: Connect:Enterprise_UNIX_2.4.02
debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.7
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-sha1 none
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-sha1 none
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST(1024<2048<8192) sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REPLY
debug1: Host 'sshftp-remoteserver.com' is known and matches the RSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /cgate/.ssh/known_hosts:13
debug1: ssh_rsa_verify: signature correct
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
debug1: Offering public key: /cgate/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Trying private key: /cgate/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
Connection closed

Thanks,
-raj

Last edited by pludi; 08-02-2011 at 03:41 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rm Permission Denied error

I am very new to Unix. We have a script that will remove files from a directory. The account removing the files has the same permissions as the directory the files are located. We have logged in as the account and deleted the files from that directory but when we run the script with the account... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cech2002
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

getcwd: permission denied error

When I do a 'cd /appl' and issue 'ls -al' command, I get the following error for .. directory. ./..: Permission denied But still I get a listing of other directories under /appl. Also, if I give 'man' for any command under this /appl folder, I get the following error: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH permission denied (publickey)

Connecting to -> Ubuntu server running apache Connecting from -> Mac OS X 10.4 As soon as I had created my 'dsa' and 'rsa' keys I sent them to be added to the 'authenticated whatever file' so I could connect. The first time I tried it... Asked for pasphrase Connected to server no prob ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VRoemer
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ERROR : Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).

Hello, when I try to connect to a remote machine through SSH username@host I am getting the error message Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive). Can any one tell me what is the problem. the key is added in the remote machines authorized_keys file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepusunil
5 Replies

5. AIX

ssh permission denied

I get the following message when running ssh (with password authentication off) - Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive). File permissions appear to be fine (700 for .ssh and 600 for files within it) any ideas or clues would be appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Permission Denied Error with X11

Hello, I am using Tiger 10.4.11 I am trying out the GIMP, so I installed the X11 package from "Optional Installs" on the cd. Whenever I open X11, I get an error: xterm: could not exec /dev/null: Permission denied I have chmodded /dev/null to 777, as well as the /tmp directory. I deleted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ricardo-san
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

SSH with Keyboard Interactive

Hi, I am changing the login authentication method from password to keyboard interactive for security purposes. I know this option is kind of add-on for ssh client programs; which explains the best info about option is in this link: User Authentication with Keyboard-Interactive :eek: One of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalliege
4 Replies

8. AIX

ssh permission denied

Hi Admins, I am not able to login AIX 5.3 server using ssh recieving below error # ssh 10,.10.101.10 ksh: ssh: 0403-006 Execute permission denied. below is sshd_config file # $OpenBSD: sshd_config,v 1.73 2005/12/06 22:38:28 reyk Exp $ # This is the sshd server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling ssh permission denied or timeout

Hello all, been writing a little inventory script (hpux 11.23, ksh Version 11/16/88) which takes our hostname from our inventory db and tests them with ssh connection. I need to be able to differentiate a timeout (host not reachable on main net link could try adm prod back links) and a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe, permission denied error

Hello, I am trying to stream lines written into file. When first source is down, I expect the code to swap to second line and run it. Script below works as usual and it prints out each line of the input file (s.txt): #!/bin/bash while read -r line; do echo "$line" done <"$1" exit 0Output... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
12 Replies
MUSSH(1)							   MUltihost SSH							  MUSSH(1)

NAME
mussh - MUltihost SSH SYNOPSIS
mussh [ OPTIONS ] <-h host... | -H hostfile > [-c cmd ] [-C scriptfile ] DESCRIPTION
mussh is a shell script that allows you to execute a command or script over ssh(1) on multiple hosts with one command. When possible mussh will use ssh-agent(1) and RSA/DSA keys to minimize the need to enter your password more than once. OPTIONS
--help Prints full help text. -d Same as -d 1 -d 0 Turns debug mode off. -d 1 On STDERR prints out basic actions and ssh-agent activity and which host is being connected to. -d 2 Includes all of the output from -d1, the list of hosts, the command/script as it will be executed on each host, and a lot more. -v Same as -v 1 -v 1 Sets ssh in debug1 mode by passing "-v" to ssh. -v 2 Sets ssh in debug2 mode by passing "-v -v" to ssh. -v 3 Sets ssh in debug3 mode by passing "-v -v -v" to ssh. -m [n] Run concurrently on 'n' hosts at a time (asynchronous). Use '0' (zero) for infinite. (default) -q No output unless necessary. This will cancel -d and -v if after them on the command line. It also suppresses the output of each host. This will NOT suppress the password/passphrase prompts required to log into each host. -i <identity> [identity ..] Load an identity file. When -i is used, the specified identity file(s) is loaded instead of the default identity. You can load as many RSA/DSA identities as you'd like. -o <ssh-args> Args to pass to ssh with -o option. See the ssh(1) man page for more info on the -o option. -a Force loading ssh-agent. Without this flag, mussh will not load another agent when one is already loaded. -A Do NOT load ssh-agent. If no agent is loaded you will be prompted for a password or passphrase by ssh for each host. If you do not have RSA/DSA keys for the destination hosts, this will save you some hassle. -b Print each hosts' output in a block without mingling with other hosts' output. -B Allow hosts' output to mingle. (default) -u Unique. Eliminate duplicate hosts. (default) If you a host or user@host occurs more than once across files specified with -H or hosts specified with -h, the host or user@host is used only once. -U Do NOT make host list unique. This simply overrides the -u flag. This will cause scripts to be executed on duplicate hosts once per listing. -P Do NOT fall back to passwords on any host. This will skip hosts where keys fail. If you use this with '-d' you'll still see which hosts failed. -l <login> Use 'login' when no other is specified with hostname. -L <login> Force use of 'login' name on all hosts. These can be handy for adding 'root@' to hostnames kept in a file for -H option. With -h it means you get to type less. -s <shell> Path to shell on remote host. (Default: bash) -t <secs> Timeout setting for each session. (requires openssh 3.8 or newer) -V Print version info and exit. PROXY ARGS
-p [user@]<host> Host to use as proxy. (Must have mussh installed) -po <ssh-args> Args to pass to ssh on proxy with -o option. HOST ARGS
-h [user@]<host> [[user@]<host> ..] Add a host to list of hosts. May be used more than once. -H <file> [file ..] Add contents of file(s) to list of hosts. Files should have one host per line. Use "#" for comments. COMMAND ARGS
If neither is specified, commands will be read from standard input. -c <command> Add a command or quoted list of commands and args to list of commands to be executed on each host. May be used more than once. -C <file> [file ..] Add file contents to list of commands to be executed on each host. May be used more than once. PROXY MODE
When proxying, mussh can use a single remote server to as a bastion host. All hosts will be connected to from the central host rather than from the computer where you are initially running mussh. This can be handy when you only have access to one machine behind a firewall. The proxy host must have OpenSSH 2.3 or greater, or an sshd that works with ForwardAgent under ssh2. Proxy server must also have mussh installed in your PATH. To verify that it is in your path use "ssh user@proxy 'which mussh'". Use "ssh user@proxy 'echo $PATH'" to deter- mine what your path is. SSH-AGENT INTERACTION Assuming that you're not turning off the agent with '-A' mussh will attempt to use ssh-agent(1). Normally mussh will get rid of the agent when it exits. See EXAMPLES for examples. EXAMPLES
There is an EXAMPLES file with detailed examples. The basic command: $ mussh -h foo bar baz A simple command: $ mussh -h foo bar baz -c 'rpm -e emacs' A simple command asynchronously: $ mussh -h foo bar baz -c 'rpm -e emacs' -m Using a specific key: $ mussh -h foo bar baz -c 'rpm -e emacs' -i ~/.ssh/my_other.key Loading a list of hosts from a file: $ mussh -H /tmp/hostlist.txt -c 'rpm -e emacs' Loading a script from a file: $ mussh -h foo bar baz -C /tmp/scriptfile.sh BUGS
Please report any bugs at http://sourceforge.net/projects/mussh/ AUTHOR
Dave Fogarty <doughnut at doughnut dot net> SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1) Doughnut August 2005 MUSSH(1)