Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do I number my for loop outputs with this method? Post 302543897 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 10:59:47 AM
Old 08-02-2011
Code:

awk -F"=" '/name/{ print ++cnt, $2 }' OFS='|' list.txt

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Method to exit a for loop

Hi All, Can someone let me know how i can exit a for loop without exiting the script itself .... will the break statement work .... please help .... -Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohini Vijay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unload utility with loop method

Hi, I just wonder why the unload tools from INFORMIX doesn't unload all required file to every output of mOutFile at the accumulative way OR my script has an error ? In fact it just unload to one single record at the latest. for mFile in x??? do echo "Now working with file "$mFile"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cedrichiu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop number of records.

Initially i store some files into anothe file Y. Now i want read the contents of file Y one by one do some check on each file. i,e Open file Y (contains multiple files) First read a file , do some check on that individual file.If that file satisfies teh condition put it in another file. Now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

create outputs from other command outputs

hi friends, The code: i=1 while do filename=`/usr/bin/ls -l| awk '{ print $9}'` echo $filename>>summary.csv #Gives the name of the file stored at column 9 count=`wc -l $filename | awk '{print $1}'` echo $count>>summary.csv #Gives just the count of lines of file "filename" i=`expr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

5. Programming

infinite loop, synchronizing gossip-based method

the following code runs, but it hangs somewhere, i don't know why, #include<iostream> #include<vector> #include<cstdlib> #include<ctime> #include<list> #include<pthread.h> #include<cstring> using namespace std; pthread_mutex_t listlock = PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saman_glorious
3 Replies

6. Solaris

svc:/network/physical:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/net-physical" failed with exit status 96. [ n

After a memory upgrade all network interfaces are misconfigued. How do i resolve this issue. Below are some out puts.thanks. ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig eg1000g0:2 plumb ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg1000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersonedouard
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files, then outputs line number

I have two files, "ranked.txt" and "sorted.txt". Sorted.txt is a smaller subset from ranked.txt that is sorted in alpha order. However ranked.txt preserves the ranking of words I would like to keep. How do I check the rank of every word in sorted.txt when matched to the original ranked.txt? I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number loop

Hello, I've been trying to create a list of numbers in bash that loops every 10s as follow. So the list will contain 1-5 on start, then 2-6 after 10s and so on. However when it reaches 30 it needs to start back at 1. 1 2 3 27 28 2 3 4 28 29 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Challenge in finding listing class method and its number of code lines

there are about 300 objectivec .m files and I need to print each file name and its method and number of lines inside the method there is a sample perl files that do perl brace matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve32001
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Loop grep, outputs in files

Hi, I try to create a simply code but I have problems... Ubuntum, Bash version: 4.3.46 Bash INPUT file (csv): TS133_29BC,xx2274305 TS133_29BC,rps4576240 av137_37BC,wfs2274305 av137_37BC,ftrs4576240 T1S138_30BC,rfss2255526 T1S138_30BC,rgas2274305 OUTPUT files (csv): File TS133_29BC... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
6 Replies
mfontset_lookup(3m17n)						 The m17n Library					    mfontset_lookup(3m17n)

NAME
mfontset_lookup - Lookup a fontset. SYNOPSIS
MPlist * mfontset_lookup (MFontset * fontset, MSymbol script, MSymbol language, MSymbol charset) DESCRIPTION
Lookup a fontset. The mfontset_lookup() function lookups fontset and returns a plist that describes the contents of fontset corresponding to the specified script, language, and charset. If script is Mt, keys of the returned plist are script name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. If script is a script name symbol, the returned plist is decided by language. o If language is Mt, keys of the plist are language name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. A key may be Mt which means some fallback fonts are specified for the script. o If language is a language name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the specified script and language. FONT-GROUP is a plist whose keys are FLT (FontLayoutTable) name symbols (Mt if no FLT is associated with the font) and values are pointers to MFont. o If language is Mnil, the plist is fallback FONT-GROUP for the script. If script is Mnil, the returned plist is decided as below. o If charset is Mt, keys of the returned plist are charset name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. o If charset is a charset name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the charset. o If charset is Mnil, the plist is a fallback FONT-GROUP. RETURN VALUE
It returns a plist describing the contents of a fontset. The plist should be freed by m17n_object_unref(). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mfontset_lookup(3m17n)