Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Seek help on shell script syntax errors Post 302543846 by otheus on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 08:36:00 AM
Old 08-02-2011
I'm pretty sure the problem is in the passwd database. The login shell
for the oracle user is set to the oracle executable
Path instead of just the login shell. Thus, oracle is trying to interpret the initial
Script intended to be run under the shell.

If I'm right ("getent passwd oracle" will tell you) post back here and we will discuss fixes (other than changing the login shell)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Syntax errors :/

I recently started as an intern and my manager wanted to see how well I would handle Korn Bourne shell scripting without any prior experience, I have prior programming experience but I keep running into syntax errors with AWK. Please take a look at my simple code and tell me what stupid mistake... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse for errors shell script

All, I have a shell script which parses the /var/adm/messages file for errors every 15 minutes as a cron job. The script runs at 01, 16, 31, and 46 minutes every hour. The problem is if the error is encountered any time during the beginning of hour I can get paged three times. I would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script errors

hey watsup guys i am new in the shell script world. so i need help fom you guys, i have written these two codes and they both give the same errors( expr : syntax error). Code 1 : #! /bin/sh # count1 appends an increment to a file 200 times # note that a file called numbers must be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surubi_abada
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl version for syntax errors

All, Does it matter what perl verios your running when you get syntax errors? on version 5.6.1 the code works fine, but on 5.8.0 the code gets errors? #!/usr/bin/perl #use strict; #use warnings; my $mess = 'messages'; my $mess1 = 'messages.1'; my $mess2 = 'messages.2'; my... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Syntax Errors

Hi, I am a newbie to PERL and working on a script. When running it I get a lot of compilation errors. The actual command in the program (which is within a case structure) is given below # This gives the actual count of inquires from a log file (It works fine when I type this on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurani
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

line count with if /else - syntax errors

this is the script: ps -ef|grep "x_jobstat 10 v001" > jobstatv001.txt ps -ef |grep "x_jobserver 10 v001" >> jobstatv001.txt #Sample text - each line preceded by 4 spaces # root 133064 102986 0 08:49:28 pts/6 0:00 grep x_jobstat 10 v001 # root 137550 1 0 Nov 08 - 0:28... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalkner
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for conky getting errors....

So I have a script that does a greater than or less than with a variable. My problem is that when I checked the script from the command line I was getting this error.. I am not really familiar with shell scripting. I am trying to get this script to work with conky so that it will do the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisdeniseriley
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to turn off ora errors in shell script?

I have a shell script which select total count from a table and use its value in a if condition like below connect_string="username/password@tnsname" tot=`sqlplus -s $connect_string << EOF set echo off set feedback off set head off select count(*) from test_table; EOF ` if then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting from Linux bash (GNU) to Solaris script syntax errors

Original script written on CentOS 6.3 with GNU bash 4.1.2 Destination system is Solaris 9 with GNU bash 2.05 (not changeable by me) I have a script written on the linux side but now we need to provide a version to another site that "doesn't like linux". I've been going through changing the ] or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
13 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with shell scrip syntax errors

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This script will analyse the channels.txt e registrations.txt and it will allow to mage the channels and the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demas
9 Replies
MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - upgrade MySQL system tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password DESCRIPTION
Note In MySQL 5.1.7, mysql_fix_privilege_tables was superseded by mysql_upgrade, which should be used instead. See mysql_upgrade(1). Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the system tables in the mysql database to add new privileges or support new features. When you update to a new version of MySQL, you should update your system tables as well to make sure that their structure is up to date. Otherwise, there might be capabilities that you cannot take advantage of. mysql_fix_privilege_tables is an older script that previously was used to uprade the system tables in the mysql database after a MySQL upgrade. Before running mysql_fix_privilege_tables, make a backup of your mysql database. On Unix or Unix-like systems, update the system tables by running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables You must run this script while the server is running. It attempts to connect to the server running on the local host as root. If your root account requires a password, indicate the password on the command line like this: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password The mysql_fix_privilege_tables script performs any actions necessary to convert your system tables to the current format. You might see some Duplicate column name warnings as it runs; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it so that any changes made to the system tables take effect. On Windows systems, MySQL distributions include a mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql SQL script that you can run using the mysql client. For example, if your MySQL installation is located at C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1, the commands look like this: C:> cd "C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1" C:> binmysql -u root -p mysql mysql> SOURCE share/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql Note Prior to version 5.1.17, the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script is found in the scripts directory. The mysql command will prompt you for the root password; enter it when prompted. If your installation is located in some other directory, adjust the path names appropriately. As with the Unix procedure, you might see some Duplicate column name warnings as mysql processes the statements in the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)