Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Could not chdir to home directory : I/O error Post 302543799 by suren1829 on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 05:44:33 AM
Old 08-02-2011
From which disk is "/users/test" created...?

Output of "df -h /users" pleaz...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

c++ home directory??

when i compile *.cpp files the compiler didn't find the non standart includes.If i have to put the full path of the includet files where shall i begin from root dirctory or i heve to put includet files in cpp home directory??? can i compile java files in unix(linux mandrake 7) if yes haw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd into home directory ~

I'm trying to cd into a home directory with cd ~username_here and I'm getting the following error: ~username_here: does not exist The directory exists and I can directly go to it via cd /export/home/username_here without any problems. Any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory

Hi what is the difference between the directory named /home and the user's home directory? can anyone plz reply? really confuse about it!!!!!!!! thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia3100
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Could not chdir to home directory

I have SunOS 5.8. Yesterday when i tried to log in I got message: Could not chdir to home directory /export/home/blahblah: No such file or directory Instead of the home directory i used to get in, I was bounced to the root directory. I searched through the filesystems but could not find my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liux99
2 Replies

5. Programming

Getting Home Directory

Hi I need to get the home directory of current user who is running the program, also i need to store the value in a particular variable and pass to the function. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cutechaps
4 Replies

6. SuSE

Hi, on logging into oracle account i got these error message Could not chdir to home directory /home/oracle: No such file or directory /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth: error in locking authority file /home/oracle/.Xauthority found the command used in creating user was usermod -d /home/oracle -m... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi all, I just got an account created on a Linux box. When I log in, I got the error message " Could not chdir to home directory /home/yyyy : No such file or directory". When I checked the /etc/passwd file, I could see that my home directory is there. i thought when the account is created the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
CHDIR(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  CHDIR(2)

NAME
chdir, fchdir - change working directory SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int chdir(const char *path); int fchdir(int fd); DESCRIPTION
chdir changes the current directory to that specified in path. fchdir is identical to chdir, only that the directory is given as an open file descriptor. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
Depending on the file system, other errors can be returned. The more general errors for chdir are listed below: EFAULT path points outside your accessible address space. ENAMETOOLONG path is too long. ENOENT The file does not exist. ENOMEM Insufficient kernel memory was available. ENOTDIR A component of path is not a directory. EACCES Search permission is denied on a component of path. ELOOP Too many symbolic links were encountered in resolving path. EIO An I/O error occurred. The general errors for fchdir are listed below: EBADF fd is not a valid file descriptor. EACCES Search permission was denied on the directory open on fd. NOTES
The prototype for fchdir is only available if _BSD_SOURCE is defined (either explicitly, or implicitly, by not defining _POSIX_SOURCE or compiling with the -ansi flag). CONFORMING TO
The chdir call is compatible with SVr4, SVID, POSIX, X/OPEN, 4.4BSD. SVr4 documents additional EINTR, ENOLINK, and EMULTIHOP error condi- tions but has no ENOMEM. POSIX.1 does not have ENOMEM or ELOOP error conditions. X/OPEN does not have EFAULT, ENOMEM or EIO error condi- tions. The fchdir call is compatible with SVr4, 4.4BSD and X/OPEN. SVr4 documents additional EIO, EINTR, and ENOLINK error conditions. X/OPEN documents additional EINTR and EIO error conditions. SEE ALSO
getcwd(3), chroot(2) Linux 2.0.30 1997-08-21 CHDIR(2)