Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Could not chdir to home directory : I/O error Post 302543755 by kalpeer on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 02:36:17 AM
Old 08-02-2011
MySQL Could not chdir to home directory : I/O error

When I login to Solaris 8 server I am getting the below error message

Code:
Could not chdir to home directory /users/test: I/O error

: ls /users/test
/users/test: I/O error
exitcode: 2

Previously I am able to login to server without any issue. Only now I am facing this error.

Regards,
Kalai

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 08-02-2011 at 10:39 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

c++ home directory??

when i compile *.cpp files the compiler didn't find the non standart includes.If i have to put the full path of the includet files where shall i begin from root dirctory or i heve to put includet files in cpp home directory??? can i compile java files in unix(linux mandrake 7) if yes haw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd into home directory ~

I'm trying to cd into a home directory with cd ~username_here and I'm getting the following error: ~username_here: does not exist The directory exists and I can directly go to it via cd /export/home/username_here without any problems. Any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory

Hi what is the difference between the directory named /home and the user's home directory? can anyone plz reply? really confuse about it!!!!!!!! thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia3100
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Could not chdir to home directory

I have SunOS 5.8. Yesterday when i tried to log in I got message: Could not chdir to home directory /export/home/blahblah: No such file or directory Instead of the home directory i used to get in, I was bounced to the root directory. I searched through the filesystems but could not find my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liux99
2 Replies

5. Programming

Getting Home Directory

Hi I need to get the home directory of current user who is running the program, also i need to store the value in a particular variable and pass to the function. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cutechaps
4 Replies

6. SuSE

Hi, on logging into oracle account i got these error message Could not chdir to home directory /home/oracle: No such file or directory /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth: error in locking authority file /home/oracle/.Xauthority found the command used in creating user was usermod -d /home/oracle -m... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi all, I just got an account created on a Linux box. When I log in, I got the error message " Could not chdir to home directory /home/yyyy : No such file or directory". When I checked the /etc/passwd file, I could see that my home directory is there. i thought when the account is created the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
chdir(2)							System Calls Manual							  chdir(2)

NAME
chdir, fchdir - Changes the current directory SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int chdir ( const char *path ); int fchdir ( int filedes ); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: chdir(): XSH5.0 fchdir(): XSH5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Points to the pathname of the directory. Specifies the file descriptor of the directory. DESCRIPTION
The chdir() function changes the current directory to the directory indicated by the path parameter. The fchdir() function changes the current directory to the directory indicated by the filedes parameter. If the path parameter refers to a symbolic link, thechdir() function sets the current directory to the directory pointed to by the symbolic link. The current directory, also called the current working directory, is the starting point of searches for pathnames that do not begin with a / (slash). In order for a directory to become the current directory, the calling process must have search access to the directory. NOTES
The current working directory is shared between all threads within the same process. Therefore, one thread using the chdir() or fchdir() functions will affect every other thread in that process. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the chdir() function returns a value of 0 (zero). Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the chdir() function fails, the current directory remains unchanged and errno may be set to one of the following values: Search access is denied for any component of the pathname. The path parameter points outside the process's allocated address space. An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname. The length of the path argument exceeds PATH_MAX or a pathname component is longer than NAME_MAX. Pathname resolution of a symbolic link produced an intermediate result whose length exceeds PATH_MAX. The named directory does not exist, or is an empty string. A component of the path prefix is not a directory. If the fchdir() function fails, the current directory remains unchanged and errno may be set to one of the following values: The filedes parameter is not a valid open file descriptor. The file descriptor does not reference a directory. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: chroot(2) Commands: cd(1) Standards: standards(5) delim off chdir(2)