Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Could not chdir to home directory : I/O error Post 302543755 by kalpeer on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 02:36:17 AM
Old 08-02-2011
MySQL Could not chdir to home directory : I/O error

When I login to Solaris 8 server I am getting the below error message

Code:
Could not chdir to home directory /users/test: I/O error

: ls /users/test
/users/test: I/O error
exitcode: 2

Previously I am able to login to server without any issue. Only now I am facing this error.

Regards,
Kalai

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 08-02-2011 at 10:39 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

c++ home directory??

when i compile *.cpp files the compiler didn't find the non standart includes.If i have to put the full path of the includet files where shall i begin from root dirctory or i heve to put includet files in cpp home directory??? can i compile java files in unix(linux mandrake 7) if yes haw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd into home directory ~

I'm trying to cd into a home directory with cd ~username_here and I'm getting the following error: ~username_here: does not exist The directory exists and I can directly go to it via cd /export/home/username_here without any problems. Any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory

Hi what is the difference between the directory named /home and the user's home directory? can anyone plz reply? really confuse about it!!!!!!!! thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia3100
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Could not chdir to home directory

I have SunOS 5.8. Yesterday when i tried to log in I got message: Could not chdir to home directory /export/home/blahblah: No such file or directory Instead of the home directory i used to get in, I was bounced to the root directory. I searched through the filesystems but could not find my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liux99
2 Replies

5. Programming

Getting Home Directory

Hi I need to get the home directory of current user who is running the program, also i need to store the value in a particular variable and pass to the function. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cutechaps
4 Replies

6. SuSE

Hi, on logging into oracle account i got these error message Could not chdir to home directory /home/oracle: No such file or directory /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth: error in locking authority file /home/oracle/.Xauthority found the command used in creating user was usermod -d /home/oracle -m... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi all, I just got an account created on a Linux box. When I log in, I got the error message " Could not chdir to home directory /home/yyyy : No such file or directory". When I checked the /etc/passwd file, I could see that my home directory is there. i thought when the account is created the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
MINGETTY(8)                                                  Linux Programmer's Manual                                                 MINGETTY(8)

NAME
mingetty - minimal getty for consoles SYNOPSIS
mingetty [--noclear] [--nonewline] [--noissue] [--nohangup] [--nohostname] [--long-hostname] [--loginprog=/bin/login] [--nice=10] [--delay=5] [--chdir=/home] [--chroot=/chroot] [--autologin username] [--loginpause] tty DESCRIPTION
mingetty is a minimal getty for use on virtual consoles. Unlike agetty(8), mingetty is not suitable for serial lines. I recommend using mgetty(8) for this purpose. OPTIONS
--noclear Do not clear the screen before prompting for the login name (the screen is normally cleared). --nonewline Do not print a newline before writing out /etc/issue. --noissue Do not output /etc/issue. --nohangup Do not call vhangup() to disable writing to this tty by other applications. --nohostname Do not print the hostname before the login prompt. --long-hostname By default the hostname is only printed until the first dot. With this option enabled, the full text from gethostname() is shown. --loginprog /bin/login Change the login app. --nice 10 Change the priority by calling nice(). --delay 5 Sleep this many seconds after startup of mingetty. --chdir /home Change into this directory before calling the login prog. --chroot /chroot Call chroot() with this directory name. --autologin username Log the specified user automatically in without asking for a login name and password. Check the -f option from /bin/login for this. --loginpause Wait for any key before dropping to the login prompt. Can be combined with --autologin to save memory by lazily spawning shells. ISSUE ESCAPES
mingetty recognizes the following escapes sequences which might be embedded in the /etc/issue file: d insert current day (localtime), l insert line on which mingetty is running, m inserts machine architecture (uname -m), inserts machine's network node hostname (uname -n), o inserts domain name, inserts operating system release (uname -r), insert current time (localtime), s inserts operating system name, u resp. U the current number of users which are currently logged in. U inserts "n users", where as u only inserts "n". v inserts operating system version (uname -v). EXAMPLE
"Linux eos i386 #1 Tue Mar 19 21:54:09 MET 1996" was produced by putting "s m v" into /etc/issue. FILES
/etc/issue, /var/run/utmp. SEE ALSO
mgetty(8), agetty(8). AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1996 Florian La Roche <laroche@redhat.com>. Man-page written by David Frey <David.Frey@eos.lugs.ch> and Florian La Roche. Debian-Local 6 Apr 1996 MINGETTY(8)