Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Removing Dead Paths And Unusable Path Solaris 9 Post 302543708 by Yeaboem on Monday 1st of August 2011 10:47:47 PM
Old 08-01-2011
ah, yes. you will have to cfgadm -c unconfigure ... the stale occupants first, then devfsadm -C to clean /dev. After you've done that, the format command will show only your active disks/luns.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate files from list with different path

I have a list which contains all the jar files shipped with the product I am involved with. Now, in this list I have some jar files which appear again and again. But these jar files are present in different folders. My input file looks like this /path/1/to a.jar /path/2/to a.jar /path/1/to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
10 Replies

2. HP-UX

removing library path

Hi Everyone I have written an installer dependant on several shared libraries. I am attempting to strip the full path from these dependant libraries using the chatr command via a script file but am having no success. Running ldd on the intaller exe fails with the following error. Cant open... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C3000
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to add new paths to $PATH

Hi all, I downloaded a tarball of coreutils .... extracted only to find out that i had to build it... But when i executed ./configure, this is what i got checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11 checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11 configure: autobuild project... GNU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Unavailable/Slow Network Paths in $PATH

At work, I'm in a Solaris environment working with csh, and $PATH is populated with anywhere between 10 and 20 entries. Last week, every command I issued (even "ls") took several seconds, if not an entire minute, to run. Once I moved "/home/sybase/bin" to the end of $PATH, certain commands... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: Removing Filenames From Paths

I'm using a script with a lot of SED commands, in conjunction with grep, cut, etc. I've come up against a wall with a particular road block: I output a file from an SVN registry that gives me a list of files. The list consists of a variable number of lines that contain a path/file. The paths... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Yum is unusable

How do I delete all of my repo information and start completely fresh? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris Server dectects EMC dead path and send mail immediately

taus-itcapp1#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower0a CLARiiON ID=APM00105201788 Logical device ID=60060160B2202B001094F0E0AF5CE011 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0; Owner: default=SP A, current=SP A Array failover mode: 1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orafup
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing path name from list of file names

I have this piece of code printf '%s\n' $pth*.msf | tr ' ' '\n' | sort -t '-' -k7 -k6r \ | awk -F- '{c=($6$7!=p&&FNR!=1)?ORS:"";p=$6$7}{printf("%c%s\n",c,$0)}' When I run it I get /home/chrisd/tatsh/branches/terr0.50/darwin/n02-z30-dsr65-terr0.50-dc0.002-8x6drw-csq.msf... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure $PATH in /.bash_profile or /etc/paths?

Hi - I am trying to include the MSQ.exe that I have downloaded for the sake of learning. My current /.bash_profile file reads: PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/bin:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin:$PATH export PATH ----------------------------------- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris FIND: Exclude Specific Paths

Using Sol 10 + KSH. I need to run a find command on the whole system "/" and exclude a bunch of explicit directories and files that may or may not be on each system. I cannot use the -name because i dont want to exclude all dirs named just specific paths. -path/-wholename is not an option... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
2 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)