Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Methods For Debugging Perl Problems Post 302543665 by DGPickett on Monday 1st of August 2011 04:27:20 PM
Old 08-01-2011
Write simple programs to test regex! Well, and anything else. It s a quirky language, but not that unstable!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with perl

hi i'm writing multiclient perl server cross plataform it will redirect one connection to any computer inside mine lan so when someone connect on this server it create a socket and connect to the computer create two threads and read the data incoming from the client and send to another... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendai
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problems with double quotes in PERL

I have a cgi script I run through apache2 and I need to have a line that contains double quotes within double quotes. Here's what I need PERL to pass to rrdtool: HRULE:30#BBBB00:"30.0 constant":dashesIt's a little more complicated since I also have variables in the statement which requires... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: audiophile
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Problems with Signal Handler

I have a problem with signal handlers not working. I have a long 1000 line code and somehow this code for signal handling is not working: $SIG{INT} = \&interrupt; sub interrupt { print STDERR "Caught a control c!\n"; exit; # or just about anything else you'd want to do } Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Alt Gr in Perl scripts

Hey I am new to programming in general but am trying to work in Perl. The thing is that almost every time I write a script (I use nedit) I get problems with Alt Gr. E.g. In stead of } I get <gs> or in stead of \ nothing happens. Sometimes it's really bad and when I want a new line then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Banni
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Methods to SSH (Perl)...

Can anyone break down the different methods of using SSH in perl? I'm currently using Net::SSH::Expect, which allows me to login to a machine and execute multiple commands without having to ssh again. This feature of holding the session works well for me, but it's slow. If I set timeouts to 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Turning on Debugging for a perl script

for security reasons I can not post any part of the script in question in this thread. i hope im not breaking any rules by not doing so. but i have a perl script that i've been asked to turn on debugging on. i didn't write this perl script and i have very very little knowledge of perl. so i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Methods Calling

Hello I am on my way to improve my wonderful Perl skills, I got an issue which I want to share with you all. I have a Perl module which looks like package Cocoa; require Exporter; @ISA = qw(Exporter); my $a=''; my $b=''; my $c=''; sub new { my $this = shift; # Create... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Perl problems in RHEL 5.X

Hi, We have RHEL 5.X OS installed here, where we need few Perl modules installed. I have local copy of Perl modules in .tar.gz format. The problem is that we don't have Internet available here and it is really pain to install all the modules manually on all the servers one by one. So can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debugging mysterious perl script problem

the attached perl script is a deamon that, once kicked off from the command line, it runs in the background and waits for the master server to tell it what plugins to run. the script works well. but the problem is, whenever i start it, after about a few seconds of starting it, i start getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies
RE_COMP(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							RE_COMP(3)

NAME
re_comp, re_exec - BSD regex functions SYNOPSIS
#define _REGEX_RE_COMP #include <sys/types.h> #include <regex.h> char *re_comp(char *regex); int re_exec(char *string); DESCRIPTION
re_comp() is used to compile the null-terminated regular expression pointed to by regex. The compiled pattern occupies a static area, the pattern buffer, which is overwritten by subsequent use of re_comp(). If regex is NULL, no operation is performed and the pattern buffer's contents are not altered. re_exec() is used to assess whether the null-terminated string pointed to by string matches the previously compiled regex. RETURN VALUE
re_comp() returns NULL on successful compilation of regex otherwise it returns a pointer to an appropriate error message. re_exec() returns 1 for a successful match, zero for failure. CONFORMING TO
4.3BSD. NOTES
These functions are obsolete; the functions documented in regcomp(3) should be used instead. SEE ALSO
regcomp(3), regex(7), GNU regex manual COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
1995-07-14 RE_COMP(3)