Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CREATING A SYLLABLE CONCORDANCE WITH POSITIONAL VARIANTS Post 302543658 by DGPickett on Monday 1st of August 2011 03:47:11 PM
Old 08-01-2011
Well, regex for white space vary: Regex Tutorial - \b Word Boundaries

I used to say \< and \> for word boundary, but the PERL guys got to the POSIX and changed it after decades, so both may be \b!

So, you need to check for
  • standalone \<a\>
  • initial \<a[a-z]
  • final [a-z]a\>
  • medial [a-z]a[a-z]
but since the [a-z] check is more expensive, you might be able to check in this order, since if not \<a\> then \<a is initial and a\> is final, and medial is none of the above.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a syllable concordance

Hello, I have two files. The first file contains specific syllables of a language (Hindi) and the second file contains a large database from which these syllables have been culled. The syllable file which has syllables in Hindi has one syllable per line and the corpus file has a data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[All variants] remove first pair of parentheses

How to remove first pair of parentheses and content in them from the beginning of the line? Here's the list: (ok)-test (ok)-test-(ing) (some)-test-(ing)-test test-(ing) Desired result: test test-(ing) test-(ing)-test test-(ing) Here's what I already tried with GNU sed: sed -e... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a clustering concordance for a Perso-Arabic script

I am working on a database of a language using Arabic Script. One of the major issues is that the shape of the characters changes according to their initial, medial or final positioning. Another major issue is that of the clustering of vowels within the word: the clustering changes totally the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[All variants] Change settings

Hi, I have a big settings confg (file attached). There are a few separate tasks that I have to accomplish. All scripting/programming languages are appreciated. 1. I need to parse all values and output to stdout. Sample output (truncated): VALUEA 2017-01-01 Lores ipsum Lorem ipsum dolor sit... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge 4 bim files by keeping only the overlapping variants (unique rs values )

Dear community, I am facing a problem and I kindly ask your help: I have 4 different data sets consisted from 3 different types of array. On each file, column 1 is chromosome position, column 2 is SNP id etc... Lets say I have the following (bim) datasets: x2014: 1 rs3094315... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fondan
4 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)