Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search only first line in awk Post 302543647 by radoulov on Monday 1st of August 2011 03:10:50 PM
Old 08-01-2011
Yes, use this one:

Code:
... |
  awk 'FNR == 1 && /perl/'

If you have GNU awk:

Code:
... |
  awk 'FNR == 1 && /perl / { print; nextfile }'

This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search column, print line

Hello. I've been banging my head against walls trying to search a comma delimited file, using awk. I'm trying to search a "column" for a specific parameter, if it matches, then I'd like to print the whole line. I've read in multiple texts: awk -F, '{ if ($4 == "string") print $0 }'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matthias03
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print second line after search string

I have multiple config files where I need to pull the ip address from loopback3. The format is the same in every file, the ip is the second line after interface loopback3. interface loopback2 loopback description router ID ip address 192.168.1.1 interface loopback3 loopback description... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk to Search Two Strings on One Line

If i wanted to search for two strings that are on lines in the log, how do I do it? The following code searches for just one string that is one one line. awk '/^/ {split($2,s,",");a=$1 FS s} /failure agaf@fafa/ {b=a} END{print b}' urfile What if I wanted to search for "failure agaf@fafa"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk multiple-line search and replace one-liner

Hi I am trying to search and replace a multi line pattern in a php file using awk. The pattern starts with <div id="navbar"> and ends with </div> and spans over an unknown number of lines. I need the command to be a one liner. I use the "record separator" like this : awk -v... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK/SED line based search

Hi, I have a file with values like this 1 11 2 11 3 44 4 55 5 66 (an representative of what I have). I want to split this file into smaller files based on column 1 values (values within a range). The issue that I am facing is that the file is really big, and takes too long to... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_one
21 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Line awk search and replace

I have a log file that contains many lines but contains the following line three times: related_pin : "t_bypass"; Here are the 3 occurrences and the two lines after from my file.txt: related_pin : "t_bypass"; sdf_cond : "rstq_b"; timing_sense : negative_unate; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygb2003
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to search for pattern and remove line

I am an awk beginner and need help figuring out how to search for a number in the first column and if it (or anything greater) exists, remove those lines. AM11400012012 2.26 2.12 1.98 2.52 3.53 3.01 3.62 5.00 3.65 7.95 0.79 3.88 0.00 AM11400012013 3.39 2.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple line search, replace second line, using awk or sed

All, I appreciate any help you can offer here as this is well beyond my grasp of awk/sed... I have an input file similar to: &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021855/--F" &LOG &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021852/--F" &LOG Cloning_Action: RETAIN &LOG Part: "@DB/TCCP000010713/--A" &LOG &LOG... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarmaPoliceT2
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk variable search and line count between variable-search pattern

Input: |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:48:01 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:49:54 BST 2016 |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:54:01 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:55:45 BST 2016 |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 23:00:02 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 23:01:44 BST 2016... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
4 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.12.3 2011-06-11 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)