Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Padding issues between Sparc and Intel Post 302543630 by Goseib on Monday 1st of August 2011 12:55:08 PM
Old 08-01-2011
Padding issues between Sparc and Intel

Hi all,

Thank you all for posting. I have dealt with all endianess issues successfully. The thing is that part of code with the nested structs is quite old so writing it is probably the best thing to do. I will re-arrange the structure so that the largest elements are first, as achenle suggests and if this does not work I will try to break the struct to seperate parts

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sparc vs Intel performance

Hello all, I have been trying to find any data that states what platform would garner better overall performance in an Oracle Cluster. The scenario: This is a high traffic e-commerce site with IIS and Commerce server on the front end. The backend consists of a Sun Solaris hardware/software... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmgrady01
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Padding issues

Hello, Structure padding & structure size are different on Compaq & HP UNIX. When structures are transfered via netfork from Compaq to HP will this be a problem? If yes, what can be the solution? Thanks, shilpa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: informshilpa
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Padding

Hi Can anyone tell me how to pad zeroes on the left side to a numeric string in unix shell scripting Your answer is very much appreciated Thanks Vijay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaygopalsk
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zero padding dates

I have a file with records containing dates like: SMPBR|DUP-DO NOT USE|NEW YORK||16105|BA5270715|2007-6-6|MWERNER|109||||JOHN||SMITH|MD|72211118||||||74559|21 WILMINGTON RD||D|2003-11-6|SL# MD CONTACT-LIZ RICHARDS|||0|Y|N||1411458| How can I get the date fields in each of my records to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fixed length text file padding issues in AIX

Hi, I have a fixed length text file that needs to be cut into individual files in aix and facing padding issues. If I have multiple blank spaces in the file it is just making it one while cutting the files.. Eg:- $ - blank space filename:file.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Sudo issues with Ubuntu 7.10 Running on a Ultra SPARC Machine

I have a Sun Blade 1000 machine that I installed Ubuntu 7.10 SPARC onto. The only user configured (configure during install) cannot use sudo. When I try to issue a command using sudo (ex. sudo apt-get install) it asks me for my password and returns the error "user not found in sudoers file". I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swilso
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Running Solaris SPARC on Intel Hardware????

Hello friends, I hope everyone is fine and doing well. I want to learn Assembly language for SPARC architecture. Is there any emulator available for 64 bit SPARC on which one can install Oracle Solaris 11 SPARC version. And ofcourse on my intel laptop computer??? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4 Replies
isaexec(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       isaexec(3C)

NAME
isaexec - invoke isa-specific executable SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int isaexec(const char *path, char *const argv[], char *const envp[]); DESCRIPTION
The isaexec() function takes the path specified as path and breaks it into directory and file name components. It enquires from the running system the list of supported instruction set architectures; see isalist(5). The function traverses the list for an executable file in named subdirectories of the original directory. When such a file is located, execve() is invoked with argv[] and envp[]. See exec(2). RETURN VALUES
If no file is located, isaexec() returns ENOENT. Other return values are the same as for execve(). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of isaexec() function. On a system whose isalist is sparcv7 sparc the program int main(int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[]) { return (isaexec("/bin/thing", argv, envp)); } will look first for an executable file named /bin/sparcv7/thing, then for an executable file named /bin/sparc/thing. It will invoke execve() on the first executable file it finds named thing. On that same system, a program called /u/bin/tofu can cause either /u/bin/sparcv7/tofu or /u/bin/sparc/tofu to be invoked using the follow- ing code: int main(int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[]) { return (isaexec(getexecname(), argv, envp)); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exec(2), getexecname(3C), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Mar 1998 isaexec(3C)