Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Editing File Headers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Editing File Headers Post 302543530 by andysuperaudiom on Monday 1st of August 2011 07:13:56 AM
Old 08-01-2011
Dear DGPickett,

Many thanks for the reply.

I am still trying to get my head around all of this. Like I said I am a complete newbee. Are you suggesting moving the audio data to a new file with correct headers?

With Kind Regards

Andy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Headers throughout a data file

I have a data file with over 500,000 records/lines that has the header throughout the file. SEQ_ID Name Start_Date Ins_date Add1 Add2 1 Harris 04/02/08 03/02/08 333 Main Suite 101 2 Smith 02/03/08 01/23/08 287 Jenkins SEQ_ID Name ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psmall
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading file headers

Hello, I have done much googling on this, but apparently not using the right keywords. I am assuming there is some kind of header for each file on a disk which stores information such as mod time, access time, etc. I have two questions: 1) is there a way to read this header directly,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Allasso
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing headers

Hi, I have a folder that contains many (multiple) files 1.fasta 2.fasta 3.fasta 4.fasta 5.fasta . . 100's of files Each such file have data in the following format for example: vi 1.fasta >AB_1 200bp MLKKPIIIGVTGGSGGGKTSVSRAILDSFPNARIAMIQHDSYYKDQSHMSFEERVKTNYDHPLAFDTDFM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple headers in a file

Hi , I have a .txt file in which I have multiple headers, the header record starts with $ symbol...like the first column name is $Account. I have to keep the header in the first line and delete all the remaining headers which are in the file. I tried using sort adc.txt | uniq -u , but my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing headers

Hi, I have a folder that contains many (multiple) files 1.fasta 2.fasta 3.fasta 4.fasta 5.fasta . . 100's of files Each such file have data in the following format for example: vi 1.fasta 58 390 A GTATACATTATTGATGAAGTCCACATGCTTTCTATGGGTGCCTTCAATGCGCTTTTAAAA (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging File with headers

Hi I need to merge 4 files. The issue i am facing is all the files have headers and i do not want them in the final output file. Can anybody suggest how to do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append file name to fasta file headers in Linux

How do we append the file name to fasta file headers in multiple fasta-files in Linux? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mauve
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot find logical file format for BSD file headers.

Hi. Unix rookie here. Been looking for a few days for reference documents on how BSD UNIX lays the logical file format onto a disk. Goal is to view/edit with hex editor for data repair. Lots of docs are available for how to use Unix commands (like xxd), but I want to learn the map of how Unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris_top_he_r
4 Replies
mixerctl(1)							   User Commands						       mixerctl(1)

NAME
mixerctl - audio mixer control command line application SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mixerctl [-a | -d dev] [-iv] [-e | -o] DESCRIPTION
Some audio devices support the audio mixer functionality. See mixer(7I) for a complete description of the audio mixer. The mixerctl command is used to control the mode of the audio mixer and to get information about the audio mixer and the audio device. See audio(7I) for details. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. If none are specified, option -i is assumed: -a The command applies to all audio devices. -d dev The dev argument specifies an alternate audio control device for the command to use. -e Enables the audio mixer function if the audio device supports it. If supported, the audio mixer may be enabled at any time. The command silently ignores the enable option if the audio mixer is already enabled. -i Prints the audio device type information for the device and indicates whether the audio device uses the audio mixer. If the device does use the audio mixer, this option displays the audio mixer's mode. -o Turns off the audio mixer function if the audio device supports it. If supported, the audio mixer may be turned off if only one process has the device opened with the O_RDWR flag, or, if two different processes have the device opened, one with the O_RDONLY flag and the other with the O_WRONLY flag. (See open(2).) The command silently ignores the disable option if the audio mixer function is already disabled. -v Verbose mode. Prints the audio_info_t structure for the device, along with the device type information. This option implies the -i option. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
AUDIODEV If the -d and -a options are not specified, the AUDIODEV environment variable is consulted. If set, AUDIODEV will contain the full path name of the user's default audio device. The default audio device will be converted into a control device, and then used. If the AUDIODEV variable is not set, /dev/audioctl is used. FILES
/dev/audioctl /dev/sound/{0...n}ctl ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWauda | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability Level |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
audioconvert(1), audioplay(1), audiorecord(1), open(2), attributes(5), usb_ac(7D), audio(7I), audio_support(7I), mixer(7I) SunOS 5.10 12 Mar 2001 mixerctl(1)