Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Hidden temporary files in AIX Post 302543512 by nivaspIND on Monday 1st of August 2011 04:48:39 AM
Old 08-01-2011
As rightly said before, the files might be used by your ondemand process, kindly use lsof command to find out the open files being used ...

Hope this hlps.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Hidden files and protecting the folder containing hidden files from deletion

Hi. I have a script which is deleting files with a particular extension and older than 45 days.The code is: find <path> -name "<filename_pattern>" -mtime +45 -exec rm {} \; But the problem is that some important files are also getting deleted.To prevent this I have decide to make a dummy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pochaw
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Temporary files and rm

Hello everyone, I am creating a temporary file in my ksh by using something file filetemp=filetemp.$$ Later on in my script I write to the file $filetemp by 'cat'ing to it. Then in the script I am doing a 'less' on the file to view it. At the end of the script I issue a rm $filetemp 2>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Bug: A script to compile two types of data files into two temporary files

Dear other forum members, I'm writing a script for my homework, but I'm scratching all over my head and still can't figure out what I did wrong. Please help me. I just started to learn about bash scripting, and I appreciate if anyone of you can point out my errors. I thank you in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilove2smoke
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync temporary files

Hi, I am looking to use rsync in a very specific way, and even though I have trawled the rsync man pages I have not succeeded in seeing a way of doing the following: The temporary files created by rsync should not be created in the destination directory. (I have used --temp-dir option to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LostInTheWoods
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which time should be used for deleting temporary files?

I want to create a folder for users to put their temporary files and a folder for users to put their permanent files. For the temporary folder, I need to implement a deletion policy. I would like to know normally which time, ctime, mtime or atime, should be used to implement such deletion policy. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marctc
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with exit, grep, temporary files, awk

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I do not understand how/why the following code is used. Please do not simply refer me to the man pages since I have already reviewed them extensively. Thank you. exit 2 , exit 3, exit 0 I understand the basics of why the exit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BartleDoo
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find all files in the current directory excluding hidden files and directories

Find all files in the current directory only excluding hidden directories and files. For the below command, though it's not deleting hidden files.. it is traversing through the hidden directories and listing normal which should be avoided. `find . \( ! -name ".*" -prune \) -mtime +${n_days}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh1
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
PLDD(1) 							 Linux User Manual							   PLDD(1)

NAME
pldd - display dynamic shared objects linked into a process SYNOPSIS
pldd pid pldd option DESCRIPTION
The pldd command displays a list of the dynamic shared objects that are linked into the process with the specified process ID. The list includes the libraries that have been dynamically loaded using dlopen(3). OPTIONS
-?, --help Display program help message. --usage Display a short usage message. -V, --version Display the program version. EXIT STATUS
On success, pldd exits with the status 0. If the specified process does not exist, the user does not have permission to access its dynamic shared object list, or no command-line arguments are supplied, pldd exists with a status of 1. If given an invalid option, it exits with the status 64. VERSIONS
pldd is available since glibc 2.15. CONFORMING TO
The pldd command is not specified by POSIX.1. Some other systems have a similar command. NOTES
The command lsof -p PID also shows output that includes the dynamic shared objects that are linked into a process. The gdb(1) info shared command also shows the shared libraries being used by a process, so that one can obtain similar output to pldd using a command such as the following (to monitor the process with the specified pid): $ gdb -ex "set confirm off" -ex "set height 0" -ex "info shared" -ex "quit" -p $pid | grep '^0x.*0x' BUGS
Since glibc 2.19, pldd is broken: it just hangs when executed. It is unclear if it will ever be fixed. EXAMPLE
$ echo $$ # Display PID of shell 1143 $ pldd $$ # Display DSOs linked into the shell 1143: /usr/bin/bash linux-vdso.so.1 /lib64/libtinfo.so.5 /lib64/libdl.so.2 /lib64/libc.so.6 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 /lib64/libnss_files.so.2 SEE ALSO
ldd(1), lsof(1), dlopen(3), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 PLDD(1)