Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Migrating hdisks from vscsi to NPIV with powerpath Post 302543505 by zxmaus on Monday 1st of August 2011 03:43:08 AM
Old 08-01-2011
Hi,

of course importvg will recognize the data on the hdiskpower devices, the two 'hdisks' on emc are only paths to the same physical disk.

We did this kind of migrations in both directions - from powerpath to vio and the other way round - and haven't seen any issues so far.

Regards
zxmaus
This User Gave Thanks to zxmaus For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

change SP value in powerpath

How to change the following values in power path from SP B to SP A ? Owner: default=SP B, current=SP B this is excerpt from powermt display dev=all (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

2. AIX

Anyone using NPIV?

Is anyone here using NPIV with AIX? If you are, what type of switch are you connected to? Also, please share some impressions of NPIV over traditional port-to-port LUN assignments. We are looking to move to NPIV and need some convincing argume... I mean information. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies

3. AIX

Vscsi and npiv on same adapter

Hi, I want to change from vscsi to npiv. Is it possible to use both on the same adapter, so we can change the systems one by one, or must we place a second FC adapter in the VIO servers? Thanks, Ronald (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldm60
2 Replies

4. AIX

hdisk mapping to a vSCSi Adapter

Hello, I have a VIOS System and would like to do mapping some hdisks, hdisk160 until hdisk165 to a vSCSi Adapter. I try to do this in the oem_setup_env like the following: for i in $(lspv | grep hdisk* | awk {'print $1'}; do mkdev -V $i -p vhost20 done There where a mapping with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: torsten163
4 Replies

5. AIX

NPIV mapping problem

Hello all I hope someone can help me with this. I have a single LPAR which is supplied a rootvg and datavg disk set from a dual VIO server configuration. I see dual path disks for all the datavg disks but only see one path for the rootvg disks. The client LPAR has the following: fcs0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

6. AIX

NPIV custom WWN

Hi All :) i would like to know if i can customize the WWN of the new VFC (NPIV). Or, if i must move the LPAR on another server with another FCS, i have to change the zoning?? Thanks in advance. Mario ---------- Post updated 09-21-12 at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous update was 09-20-12 at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
1 Replies

7. AIX

VIOS FC Mapping/NPIV questions

Please forgive me here as I don't fully understand what I am talking about here so if I use the wrong terminology please overlook me. We have multiple AIX LPARs on the managed system with two VIO Servers. A Co-Worker and I are trying to set up a new LPAR client (The guy that knows this is out)... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
14 Replies

8. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

9. AIX

How to put vscsi in available state?

Hello Friends, My question/problem is that I noticed 2 servers in my environment vscsi is showing up as defined (not available) or is defined and not showing the path to both vscsi's when ruining lspath command. I am new to AIX admin, work alone, and work in an small environment. My question is,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adnans2k
12 Replies

10. AIX

Devices.vscsi.disk ?

Hello, When I assigned CDROM from IVM (VIOS) to LPAR and then running cfgmgr i get the following message on the client lpar #cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed. devices.vscsi.disk searching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies
did(7)						     Sun Cluster Device and Network Interfaces						    did(7)

NAME
did - user configurable disk id driver DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. Disk ID (DID) is a user configurable pseudo device driver that provides access to underlying disk, tape, and CDROM devices. When the device supports unique device ids, multiple paths to a device are determined according to the device id of the device. Even if multiple paths are available with the same device id, only one DID name is given to the actual device. In a clustered environment, a particular physical device will have the same DID name regardless of its connectivity to more than one host or controller. This, however, is only true of devices that support a global unique device identifier such as physical disks. DID maintains parallel directories for each type of device that it manages under /dev/did. The devices in these directories behave the same as their non-DID counterparts. This includes maintaining slices for disk and CDROM devices as well as names for different tape device behaviors. Both raw and block device access is also supported for disks by means of /dev/did/rdsk and /dev/did/rdsk. At any point in time, I/O is only supported down one path to the device. No multipathing support is currently available through DID. Before a DID device can be used, it must first be initialized by means of the scdidadm(1M) command. IOCTLS
The DID driver maintains an admin node as well as nodes for each DID device minor. No user ioctls are supported by the admin node. The DKIOCINFO ioctl is supported when called against the DID device nodes such as /dev/did/rdsk/d0s2. All other ioctls are passed directly to the driver below. FILES
/dev/did/dsk/dnsm block disk or CDROM device, where n is the device number and m is the slice number /dev/did/rdsk/dnsm raw disk or CDROM device, where n is the device number and m is the slice number /dev/did/rmt/n tape device , where n is the device number /dev/did/admin administrative device /kernel/drv/did driver module /kernel/drv/did.conf driver configuration file /etc/did.conf scdidadm configuration file for non-clustered systems Cluster Configuration Repository (CCscdidadm(1M) maintains configuration in the CCR for clustered systems SEE ALSO
devfsadm(1M), Intro(1CL), cldevice(1CL), scdidadm(1M) NOTES
DID creates names for devices in groups, in order to decrease the overhead during device hot-plug. For disks, device names are created in /dev/did/dsk and /dev/did/rdsk in groups of 100 disks at a time. For tapes, device names are created in /dev/did/rmt in groups of 10 tapes at a time. If more devices are added to the cluster than are handled by the current names, another group will be created. Sun Cluster 3.2 24 April 2001 did(7)