Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Web hosting security question Post 302543502 by agriz on Monday 1st of August 2011 03:40:11 AM
Old 08-01-2011
Web hosting security question

Hi,

Recently my has been hacked. A .pl script has been uploaded in the root of the directory, which uploaded lot of unwanted files and changed their file permission to 777.

I have no clue how did they upload that .pl file in my hosting.
Website is in shared hosting. Could they access my web root from other website which hosted in the same server?

Or any idea how could they reached my site root?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web page hosting

I built my website based on Dreamweaver, on Windows platform. My server uses Unix, and the page doesn't look too good. Is there any way to solve this problem without too much of a headache? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PCL
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Web hosting security

Hello, guys ! The company I work for has a few web hosting servers and I'd like to know how can I secure the servers a little bit ? The situation is like this: Apache runs as nobody so all users can run scripts as nobody. This is a big security problem beacause if I have an account on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
4 Replies

3. Web Development

ASP.NET 5 Application on Centos OS7 Web Hosting Server

Hi All, Frankly I'm new to Linux Environment. While we are trying to Host an ASP.NET 5 Web Application on Centos OS7 Web hosting Server. There were couple of steps which we are supposed to go through, please see this link - We are stuck at Create a Container & then Running the Container,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John Fredric
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ldap connection after hosting on Web Server

Hi.. I have very limited knowledge on LDAP and its configuration and but I have been trying to figure out one issue that takes place when I am running the program that is written in php, but so far its unsuccessful. The server, I am working on is ldap server, which is running on Apache. After... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GomathiUoM
1 Replies
cgi_filehandle(3)						     cgi/cgi.h							 cgi_filehandle(3)

NAME
cgi_filehandle - return a file pointer to an uploaded file SYNOPSIS
#include <cgi/cgi.h> FILE *cgi_filehandle (CGI *cgi, const char *form_name); ARGUMENTS
cgi - a pointer to a CGI struct allocated with cgi_init form_name - the form name that the file was uploaded as (not the filename) (if NULL, we're asking for the file handle for the PUT upload) DESCRIPTION
cgi_filehandle will return the stdio FILE pointer associated with a file that was uploaded using multipart/form-data. The FILE pointer is positioned at the start of the file when first available. RETURN VALUE
None SEE ALSO
cgi_debug_init(3), cgi_parse(3), cgi_destroy(3), cgi_js_escape(3), cgi_html_escape_strfunc(3), cgi_register_strfuncs(3), cgi_output(3), parse_rfc2388(3), cgi_url_validate(3), open_upload(3), cgi_cs_init(3), cgi_url_escape_more(3), cgi_html_strip_strfunc(3), cgi_neo_error(3), cgi_redirect(3), cgi_filehandle(3), cgi_register_parse_cb(3), cgi_url_escape(3), cgi_init(3), cgi_redirect_uri(3), cgi_cookie_clear(3), cgi_url_unescape(3), cgi_vredirect(3), cgi_display(3), cgi_html_ws_strip(3), cgi_error(3), cgi_cookie_set(3), cgi_text_html_strfunc(3), cgi_cookie_authority ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cgi_filehandle(3)