Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse 2 or more files into one. Post 302543427 by bartus11 on Sunday 31st of July 2011 06:10:27 PM
Old 07-31-2011
I don't know if I understood your requirement correctly, but try this:
Code:
awk '{print > "record"FNR}' file1 file2 file3 ...

Records will be placed into "record.." files.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse 2 files simultaneously

Say I have 2 files of 2 rows of 3 columns each file1: cat catdata1 catdata2 dog dogdata1 dogdata2 file2: cat catdata3 catdata4 dog dogdata3 dogdata4 and I need to combine both files so that is appears like: cat catdata1 catdata2 catdata3 catdata4 dog dogdata1 dogdata2 dogdata3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse files and delete

For the CSV file it should have one entry per line looking like this: pwd/filename,YYYYMMDDhhmmss,OK The date stamp should be from the file properties and OK will be a constant. find . name 'W*' gives me the proper list of files and date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S is the proper date format but I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pimentelgg
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] Parse files

Hi I've 2 folder A and B, they have files with the same name but different content. I mean A contain---------> aa.txt, bb.txt, cc.txt B contain---------> aa.txt, bb.txt, cc.txt but aa.txt in A has different content from aa.txt in B. I'd like to parse the homonyms files in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i parse my Unix log files??

Hello, i would like to parse Unix log files and i would like to use a Unix syslog analyzer. I'm going to use Eucalyptus and i would like to parse its log files. Is there any open source/free syslog parser?? Thanks, in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK failing to parse on certain files

Dear Unix Gurus, need your expertise to help troubleshoot a certain problem i'm having. I crated a shell script which will ftp get 1 crash log from multiple servers (listed in a text file). Each log will then be parsed by calling an awk script. The problem is, for certain log its parsing... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarj
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse huge files

Hello All, I have a situation as below: (1) Read a source file (a single file of 1.2 million rows in it ) (2) Read Destination files one by one and replace the content ( few fields in it ) with the corresponding matching field from source file. I tried as below: ( please note I am not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse csv files by their names

HI all I have multiple csv files with the names VAR1_VAR2_VAR3_VAR4.csv All the files have the same structure inside just values change. I am trying to retrieve data from those files by fixing at each time one or more VAR. I tried to write a script but I have 2 problems: 2-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jhon.c
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse log files

Hi all, We are having a sample log like .... test.log:2015.03.17 06:16:24 >> ABC.generateMethod() MethodAException while processing Request! DataForm: Header --- dtd: template.dtd, titleName: berger, requestId: 1503170032131, documentName: invoice123, hostName: acme.net, userName: userABC... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tandrei
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse input of two files to be the same in awk

I have two files that I am going to use diff to find the differences but need to parse them before I do that. I have include the format of each file1 and file2 with the desired output of each (the first 5 fields in each file). The first file has a "chr" before the # that needs to be removed. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
VM(1)								      mgetty								     VM(1)

NAME
vm - VoiceModem is the program for handling the voice modem functionality from shell scripts ACTIONS
beep options [<frequency [<length in 0.001sec>]]> diagnostics options device name (e.g. ttyS2 dial options phone number help play options [<file names]+> record options file name shell options [<shell script [shell options]]> wait options [<time in seconds]> devicetest OPTIONS
-c n use compression type n -d n set i/o device -t, -m, -i, -e, -s, -H equals to -d <2,3,4,5,6,7> -l s set device string (e.g. -l ttyS2:ttyC0) -v verbose output -w use off / on hook signal from local handset to start and stop recording -x n set debug level -L n set maximum recording length in sec -P print first DTMF tone on stdout and exit -R read and print DTMF string on stdout and exit -S s set default shell for shell scripts (e.g. -S /bin/sh) -T n set silence timeout in 0.1sec -V n set silence threshold to <n> (0-100%%) SEE ALSO
vgetty(1) POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 30: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' Around line 32: '=item' outside of any '=over' Around line 71: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.10.1 2010-04-04 VM(1)