Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat BackupPC on Centos 5.6 x86_64 Post 302543369 by fpmurphy on Sunday 31st of July 2011 09:40:48 AM
Old 07-31-2011
From man yum on linuxmanpages.net
Quote:
--exclude=package
Exclude a specific package by name or glob from updates on all repositories.

Last edited by fpmurphy; 07-31-2011 at 10:48 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

LD_PRELOAD on x86_64 gives error from ld.so

I have implemented an interposer for open() and open64() system call. This interposer is implemented in interposer.c and I have compiled it in a shared library (libinterposer.so) using the following commands: gcc -g -fPIC -s -o interposer.o -c interposer.c gcc -s -g -shared -nostartfiles ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish Mukherje
0 Replies

2. Linux

confused X86_64 and AIX

hello everybody i want to install some package on AIX 5.3 the name of rpm is something like libaio-0.3.106-4.2.x86_64.rpm is it a good rpm for AIX 5.3 my question is is AIX and x86_64 mean the same thing ! thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What Are the Differences Between Itanium and x86_64 CPUs?

This is definitely a "stupid" question, but I can't think of anywhere else to ask it, so here goes. My knowledge of CPU history on big iron machines starts with the last DEC Alphas, a short stint with Sun servers, PA-RISC and Itanium, Intel 486s on the desktop before that, and Motorola 68000 CPUs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
4 Replies

4. Linux

GCC cross compiler for x86_64

Hi, I am tried to install GCC cross compiler for 64-bit machine. i want compile one application for 64 bit machine. I have followed steps form GCC Cross-Compile - OSDev Wiki . Please if anybody have installed cross compiler successfully, please tell me the steps followed by you. Thanking... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl/Tk in x86_64

Hi, experts, I am trying to intall Perl/Tk module (Tk-804.028 ) into Perl5.6.1, however, the directory structure seems to be different from i386 than x86_64 and the installation keeps failing. Is this a known/common issue? Or does anyone has any workaround for this? ~* Dniz *~ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dniz
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Problem booting Fedora 11 x86_64

Hi, I am having booting issue with Fedora 11 x86_64 (64-bit version) on my laptop. Laptop configuration is as below: OS : Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit) Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0 GHz RAM : 4 GB Tried following different way for installation: 1. Installed Fedora 11 on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r2kv2k
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Is there a Solaris 10 x86_64

I have always seen a Solaris 10 32 bit version..Is there an x86_64?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies
yum-debug-restore(1)													      yum-debug-restore(1)

NAME
yum-debug-restore - replay Yum transactions captured in a debug-dump file SYNOPSIS
yum-debug-restore DESCRIPTION
yum-debug-restore is a program which takes a gzipped file created by yum-debug-dump and acts on the information about installed packages contained within. GENERAL OPTIONS
--output Output the commands that would be run to stdout. --shell=<file> Output the commands that would be run to a file. --install-latest Ask yum to install the latest version of the given packages, instead of the version that was installed in the debug-dump file. --ignore-arch Ignore the architecture of the packages, so you can "restore" an i386 debug-dump on an x86_64 machine. --filter-types=[install,remove,update,downgrade] Only perform the given types of commands, so you can filter to just upgrades and installs. FILES
As yum-debug-restore uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum-debug-dump (1) yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 15 December 2011 yum-debug-restore(1)