Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them Post 302543282 by realspirituals on Saturday 30th of July 2011 02:00:01 PM
Old 07-30-2011
Files are very similar i.e both are in Linux mode. Urgent situation. Please h

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search a list of lines in file into files

I have a file (file1) which is like host1 host2 host3 host4 the list goes on............ Now I want the above lines in files to be compared with files under /opt/new/ File names are as below: Dev Prod QA And suppose host1 from file1 is found under Dev(file under /opt/new)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

list and export strings in a file

Hi all, I have a file looks something like this: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ aaaa bbbbbb ccc dddddddd ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I will like a script that can echo line1 export line1 as env variable echo line2 export line2 as env variable etc etc Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avatar Gixxer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want unix script to search a list of strings

Want unix script to search a list of strings (stored line by line in a file), search all the matching lines of files under directories and subdirectories in different unix machines(not one box diff boxes - all the unix box names and username/password are stored with a comma delimitor in flat file)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adminuser
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk search for a element in the list of strings

Hi, how do I match a particular element in a list and replace it with blank? awk 'sub///' $FILE list="AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Multiple Strings from a list of *.gz files withour decompressing...

Hello Team, There is this situation where there are around 20 *.gz files and i want to search multiple words from all those files. Example as below : filea.gz fileb.gz filec.gz now i want to search words "hi" and "hello" from all these 3 files without... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun87
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a list of strings in a file with Python

Hi guys, I'm trying to search for several strings, which I have in a .txt file line by line, on another file. So the idea is, take input.txt and search for each line in that file in another file, let's call it rules.txt. So far, I've been able to do this, to search for individual strings: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starriol
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search list of files

Hi All, I Have 2 files. file1: abc.xml.gz abcd.xml.gz xyz.xml.gz X.xml.gz File2 abc. x. cde. unix. My requirment is search File1 using File2 and need below ouput. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: j.vutakanti
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using find to output list of files with specific strings

This is my problem, I am using the following code to extract the file names with specific strings 0.01: find ./ -name "*.txt" -exec grep -H '0.01' {} + It works wonders with a small sample. However, when I use it in a real scenario it produces an empty file -even though I am sure there are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies
Cgroup classifier in tc(8)					       Linux						Cgroup classifier in tc(8)

NAME
cgroup - control group based traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... cgroup [ match EMATCH_TREE ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
This filter serves as a hint to tc that the assigned class ID of the net_cls control group the process the packet originates from belongs to should be used for classification. Obviously, it is useful for locally generated packets only. OPTIONS
action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. match EMATCH_TREE Match packets using the extended match infrastructure. See tc-ematch(8) for a detailed description of the allowed syntax in EMATCH_TREE. EXAMPLES
In order to use this filter, a net_cls control group has to be created first and class as well as process ID(s) assigned to it. The follow- ing creates a net_cls cgroup named "foobar": modprobe cls_cgroup mkdir /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls mount -t cgroup -onet_cls net_cls /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls mkdir /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls/foobar To assign a class ID to the created cgroup, a file named net_cls.classid has to be created which contains the class ID to be assigned as a hexadecimal, 64bit wide number. The upper 32bits are reserved for the major handle, the remaining hold the minor. So a class ID of e.g. ff:be has to be written like so: 0xff00be (leading zeroes may be omitted). To continue the above example, the following assigns class ID 1:2 to foobar cgroup: echo 0x10002 > /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls/foobar/net_cls.classid Finally some PIDs can be assigned to the given cgroup: echo 1234 > /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls/foobar/tasks echo 5678 > /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls/foobar/tasks Now by simply attaching a cgroup filter to a qdisc makes packets from PIDs 1234 and 5678 be pushed into class 1:2. SEE ALSO
tc(8), tc-ematch(8), the file Documentation/cgroups/net_cls.txt of the Linux kernel tree iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Cgroup classifier in tc(8)