Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with script to add two zeros to certain lines in a set of files? Post 302543145 by abg1969 on Friday 29th of July 2011 04:51:18 PM
Old 07-29-2011
Oh.. *doink* I see. thanks again for your speedy help on this.

edit: worked like a charm!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help!! Need script to read files and add values by lines...

Hi All, I really need your help. I am a begginner in shell script and I believe this is a very simple issue. I have in my directory, n-files, like 1.dhm, 2.dhm, 3.dhm. These files have 1 column with 1 value per line, like: 1.dhm ------ 10 20 30 40 50 2.dhm ------ 30 50 20 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhuertas
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drop common lines at head/tail of a large set of files

Hi! I have a large set of pairs of text files (each pair in their own subdirectory) and each pair shares head/tail (a couple of first and last lines) but differs in the middle part. I need to delete the heads/tails and keep only the middle portions in which they differ. The lengths of heads/tails... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dobryden
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add leading zeros in floating point variable

I need to add leading zeros in a floating point numbers. The length of the number should be 13 including decimal. The input number is changing so number of leading zeros is not fix. For example input output 216.000 000000216.000 1345.000 000001345.000 22345.500 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reeta_shri
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add leading zeros to columns in a file

Hello Gurus, Quick question. I have a file with the following records: A~000000000000518000~SLP ~99991231~20090701~88.50~USD~CS~ A~000000000000518000~SLP ~99991231~20090701~102.00~USD~CS~ A~000000000000772000~SLP ~99991231~20100701~118.08~USD~CS~ I wold like to do the following: 1. Add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chumsky
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQL script with 86000 lines: new files with only 10000 lines (per file)

Hi this is my SQL script $ wc -l insert_into_customers.sql 85601 insert_into_customers.sqlI wish to cut this file into 9 files each 10000 lines (the last one less) $ wc -l insert_into_customers_00*.sql 10000 insert_into_customers_001.sql 10000 insert_into_customers_002.sql ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LINUX - How to add a prefix to a set of files

Hi All, I have a file (lets say filenames.txt) which contains a list of file names. Is there a way I can append a prefix to the filenames as below, Thanks much for your help Freddie (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a line to the end of a set of files without using sed command?

I understand that the SED command reads all the lines in the file before adding a required line to the end of the file. Is there another command that adds a line to the end of files without reading the entire file.... SED is increasing the processing time as the number of lines in each of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanch
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)