Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK: combining consecutive values in a field Post 302543134 by radoulov on Friday 29th of July 2011 04:21:33 PM
Old 07-29-2011
Code:
awk 'END {
  for (i = 0; ++i <= c;)
    print d[idx[i]]
  }
{
  d[$1] = d[$1] ? d[$1] OFS $3 : $0
  t[$1]++ || idx[++c] = $1
  }' OFS=_ infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk search for max and min field values

hi, i have an awk script and I managed to figure out how to search the max value but Im having difficulty in searching for the min field value. BEGIN {FS=","; max=0} NF == 7 {if (max < $6) max = $6;} END { print man, min} where $6 is the column of a field separated by a comma (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kirichiko
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate consecutive field values

Hi, I have a file like this A Bob A Sam A John B David C Paul C Sandra If the consecutive field values in column one is same, then concatenate the corresponding strings. So, I need an output like this, A Bob_Sam_John B David C Paul_Sandra I usually work with excel but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in awk in a same file and consecutive lines..

I would like to compare the values of 2nd column of consecutive lines of same file in such a way so that if the difference between first value and second value is more than 100 it should print complete line else ignore line. Input File ========== PDB 2500 RTDB 123 RTDB-EAGLE 122 VSCCP 2565... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting values into order in a field using awk

Hi, I am using UBUNTU 12.04. I have a dataset as follows: Column#1 Column#2 Column#3 .... Column#50 1 154878 1 145145 2 189565 2 454121 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help - matching a field with certail values

Hello there, I have a file with few fields separated by ":". I wrote a below awk to manipulate this file: awk 'BEGIN { FS=OFS=":" }\ NR != 1 && $2 !~ /^98/ && $8 !~ /^6/{print $0}' $in_file > $out_file What I wanted was that if $8 field contains any of the values - 6100, 6110, 6200 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Values with common field in same line with awk

Hi all ! I almost did it but got a small problem. input: cars red cars blue cars green truck black Wanted: cars red-blue-green truck black Attempt: gawk 'BEGIN{FS="\t"}{a = a (a?"-":"")$2; $2=a; print $1 FS $2}' input But I also got the intermediate records... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print values between consecutive lines

I have a file in below format: file01.txt TERM TERM TERM ABC 12315 68.53 12042013 165144 ABC 12315 62.12 12042013 165145 ABC 12315 122.36 12052013 165146 ABC 12315 582.18 12052013 165147 ABC 12316 2.36 12052013 165141 ABC 12316 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating all possible combinations of values in field 1 (awk)

Input: A|1 B|2 C|3 D|4 Output: A+B|3 A+C|4 A+D|5 B+C|5 B+D|6 C+D|7 A+B+C|6 A+B+D|7 A+C+D|8 B+C+D|9 A+B+C+D|10 I only managed to get the output for pairs of $1 values (i.e. combination of length 2): (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert field values in a record using awk command

Hi Friends, Below is my input file with "|" (pipe) as filed delimiter: My Input File: HDR|F1|F2||||F6|F7 I want to inser values in the record for field 4 and field 5. Expected output HDR|F1|F2||F4|F5|F6|F7 I am able to append the string to the end of the record, but not in between the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk - If field value of consecutive records are the identical print portion of lines

I have some data that looks like this: PXD= ZW< 1,6 QR> QRJ== 1,2(5) QR> QRJ== 4,1(2) QR> QRJ== 4,2 QRB= QRB 4,2 QWM QWM 6,2 R<C ZW< 11,2 R<H= R<J= 6,1 R>H XZJ= 1,2(2) R>H XZJ= 2,6(2) R>H XZJ= 4,1(2) R>H XZJ= 6,2 RDP RDP 1,2 What I would like to do is if fields $1 and $2 are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
5 Replies
gd_bof(3)							      GETDATA								 gd_bof(3)

NAME
gd_bof -- report the start of data in a field SYNOPSIS
#include <getdata.h> off_t gd_bof(DIRFILE *dirfile, const char *field_code); DESCRIPTION
The gd_bof() function queries a dirfile(5) database specified by dirfile and returns the sample number of the beginning-of-field marker for the vector field given by field_code. The caller should not assume that the beginning-of-field marker falls on a frame boundary. The beginning-of-field marker is never nega- tive. For a RAW field, the beginning-of-field corresponds to the frame offset of that field (see gd_frameoffset(3)). The beginning-of-field for all other vector field type is the same as the beginning-of-field of whichever of its input fields that starts latest. The beginning-of- field marker for the special field INDEX is always zero. The beginning-of-field marker for a field containing no data is in the same location as, or after, its end-of-field marker (see gd_eof(3)). For a RAW field, the difference between the locations of the beginning- and end-of-field markers indicates the number of samples of data actually stored on disk. The dirfile argument must point to a valid DIRFILE object previously created by a call to gd_open(3). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, gd_bof() returns the sample number of the end-of-field marker for the indicated field. On error, it returns -1 and sets the dirfile error to a non-zero error value. Possible error values are: GD_E_BAD_CODE The field specified by field_code or one of the fields it uses as input was not found in the database. GD_E_BAD_DIRFILE The supplied dirfile was invalid. GD_E_BAD_REPR The representation suffix specified in field_code, or in one of its inputs was not recognised. GD_E_DIMENSION A scalar field was found where a vector field was expected in the definition of field_code or one of its inputs, or else field_code itself specified a scalar field. GD_E_RECURSE_LEVEL Too many levels of recursion were encountered while trying to resolve field_code. This usually indicates a circular dependency in field specification in the dirfile. The dirfile error may be retrieved by calling gd_error(3). A descriptive error string for the last error encountered can be obtained from a call to gd_error_string(3). SEE ALSO
dirfile(5), dirfile-encoding(5), gd_open(3), gd_eof(3), gd_error(3), gd_error_string(3), gd_nframes(3) Version 0.7.0 15 October 2010 gd_bof(3)