Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with script to add two zeros to certain lines in a set of files? Post 302543131 by radoulov on Friday 29th of July 2011 04:15:15 PM
Old 07-29-2011
Yes,
please post a small sample of your input and an example of the expected/desired output.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help!! Need script to read files and add values by lines...

Hi All, I really need your help. I am a begginner in shell script and I believe this is a very simple issue. I have in my directory, n-files, like 1.dhm, 2.dhm, 3.dhm. These files have 1 column with 1 value per line, like: 1.dhm ------ 10 20 30 40 50 2.dhm ------ 30 50 20 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhuertas
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drop common lines at head/tail of a large set of files

Hi! I have a large set of pairs of text files (each pair in their own subdirectory) and each pair shares head/tail (a couple of first and last lines) but differs in the middle part. I need to delete the heads/tails and keep only the middle portions in which they differ. The lengths of heads/tails... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dobryden
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add leading zeros in floating point variable

I need to add leading zeros in a floating point numbers. The length of the number should be 13 including decimal. The input number is changing so number of leading zeros is not fix. For example input output 216.000 000000216.000 1345.000 000001345.000 22345.500 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reeta_shri
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add leading zeros to columns in a file

Hello Gurus, Quick question. I have a file with the following records: A~000000000000518000~SLP ~99991231~20090701~88.50~USD~CS~ A~000000000000518000~SLP ~99991231~20090701~102.00~USD~CS~ A~000000000000772000~SLP ~99991231~20100701~118.08~USD~CS~ I wold like to do the following: 1. Add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chumsky
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQL script with 86000 lines: new files with only 10000 lines (per file)

Hi this is my SQL script $ wc -l insert_into_customers.sql 85601 insert_into_customers.sqlI wish to cut this file into 9 files each 10000 lines (the last one less) $ wc -l insert_into_customers_00*.sql 10000 insert_into_customers_001.sql 10000 insert_into_customers_002.sql ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LINUX - How to add a prefix to a set of files

Hi All, I have a file (lets say filenames.txt) which contains a list of file names. Is there a way I can append a prefix to the filenames as below, Thanks much for your help Freddie (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a line to the end of a set of files without using sed command?

I understand that the SED command reads all the lines in the file before adding a required line to the end of the file. Is there another command that adds a line to the end of files without reading the entire file.... SED is increasing the processing time as the number of lines in each of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanch
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies
RCORDER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						RCORDER(8)

NAME
rcorder -- print a dependency ordering of interdependent files SYNOPSIS
rcorder [-k keep] [-s skip] file ... DESCRIPTION
The rcorder utility is designed to print out a dependency ordering of a set of interdependent files. Typically it is used to find an execu- tion sequence for a set of shell scripts in which certain files must be executed before others. Each file passed to rcorder must be annotated with special lines (which look like comments to the shell) which indicate the dependencies the files have upon certain points in the sequence, known as ``conditions'', and which indicate, for each file, which ``conditions'' may be expected to be filled by that file. Within each file, a block containing a series of ``REQUIRE'', ``PROVIDE'', ``BEFORE'' and ``KEYWORD'' lines must appear. The format of the lines is rigid. Each line must begin with a single '#', followed by a single space, followed by ``PROVIDE:'', ``REQUIRE:'', ``BEFORE:'', or ``KEYWORD:''. No deviation is permitted. Each dependency line is then followed by a series of conditions, separated by whitespace. Multi- ple ``PROVIDE'', ``REQUIRE'', ``BEFORE'' and ``KEYWORD'' lines may appear, but all such lines must appear in a sequence without any interven- ing lines, as once a line that does not follow the format is reached, parsing stops. The options are as follows: -k Add the specified keyword to the ``keep list''. If any -k option is given, only those files containing the matching keyword are listed. -s Add the specified keyword to the ``skip list''. If any -s option is given, files containing the matching keyword are not listed. An example block follows: # REQUIRE: networking syslog # REQUIRE: usr # PROVIDE: dns nscd This block states that the file in which it appears depends upon the ``networking'', ``syslog'', and ``usr'' conditions, and provides the ``dns'' and ``nscd'' conditions. A file may contain zero ``PROVIDE'' lines, in which case it provides no conditions, and may contain zero ``REQUIRE'' lines, in which case it has no dependencies. There must be at least one file with no dependencies in the set of arguments passed to rcorder in order for it to find a starting place in the dependency ordering. DIAGNOSTICS
The rcorder utility may print one of the following error messages and exit with a non-zero status if it encounters an error while processing the file list. Requirement %s has no providers, aborting. No file has a ``PROVIDE'' line corresponding to a condition present in a ``REQUIRE'' line in another file. Circular dependency on provision %s, aborting. A set of files has a circular dependency which was detected while processing the stated con- dition. Circular dependency on file %s, aborting. A set of files has a circular dependency which was detected while processing the stated file. SEE ALSO
rc(8) HISTORY
The rcorder utility first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. AUTHORS
Written by Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com> and Matthew R. Green <mrg@eterna.com.au>. BUGS
The ``REQUIRE'' keyword is misleading: It doesn't describe which daemons have to be running before a script will be started. It describes which scripts must be placed before it in the dependency ordering. For example, if your script has a ``REQUIRE'' on ``named'', it means the script must be placed after the ``named'' script in the dependency ordering, not necessarily that it requires named(8) to be started or enabled. BSD
August 5, 2011 BSD