Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert file in csv or table
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert file in csv or table Post 302543073 by alen192 on Friday 29th of July 2011 10:32:53 AM
Old 07-29-2011
Thks panyam,
can you explain me the script, i try to interpret it but i don't understand:
with /objectname/ i find line with this patterns, what is the meaning of expression in braces?
the printf is clear also if i don't understand f1=f2=f3=f4=0.
thks and sorry if i bored.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to convert text file to html table using perl

Hi, I have a text file say file1 having data like ABC c:/hm/new1 Dir DEF d:/ner/d sd ...... So i want to make a table from this text file, is it possible to do it using perl. Thanks in advance Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert the below file to csv format

Hi , i want to change this question, i will post soon.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth2567
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store table contents in csv file

I need to write a script to store the contents of a table in a csv file I'm using Toad, it's a Oracle database. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing data from a table into a csv file

Hi I need to write a bash script to take the data stored in 3 oracle tables .. and filter them and store the results in a csv file. It is an Oracle database Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update the table using values from a csv file

i want to run update query for oracle which is in up.sql taking values from a.csv. I have implemented shell script to do it. extn="perl" ls -1 | while read file do echo "$file,$extn" > a.csv done up.sql contains update file_list set filename=$1 where extn=$2; The code to update is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to convert table-by-row to matrix table

Hello, I need some help to reformat this table-by-row to matrix? infile: site1 A:o,p,q,r,s,t site1 C:y,u site1 T:v,w site1 -:x,z site2 A:p,r,t,v,w,z site2 C:u,y site2 G:q,s site2 -:o,x site3 A:o,q,s,t,u,z site3 C:y site3 T:v,w,x site3 -:p,routfile: SITE o p q r s t v u w x y... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a pivot table from CSV file

Gents, Can you please help me to create a pivot table from a csv file. ( I have zip the csv file) Using the file attached, columns 1,28 and 21 i would like to get something like this output JD Val 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert Txt file to HTML table and email

Hi all I need help converting a text file into a html table in bash and I need to email this table. The text file looks like the below. Two columns with multiple rows. Top row being header. Application Name Application Status Application 1 Open Application 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmanjd
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

1. This will insert the records into db table by reading from ta csv file

I have this code with me but the condition is If any of the mandatory columns are null then entire file will be rejected. LOAD DATA infile ' ' #specifies the name of a datafile containing data that you want to load BADFILE ' ' #specifies the name of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raka123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in a file and convert in a table

Hi to all, I have a file like that in attach, I need to create a table or csv with only this field: "Barcode","Device Name", "ACSL". I tried with grep with -B options but the number of lines are different for any block is different, there is a method with sed or awk to extract it. Thanks a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alen192
2 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)