Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert file in csv or table
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert file in csv or table Post 302543054 by panyam on Friday 29th of July 2011 09:20:07 AM
Old 07-29-2011
How about this ?

Code:

awk -F":" '
   /objectname/ {f1=1;o=$2;next}
   /wwlunid/ {f2=1;w=$2;next}
   /allocatedcapacity/ {f3=1;a=$2;next}
   /redundancy/ {f4=1;r=$2;next}
 f1&&f2&&f3&&f4{printf "%s|%s|%s|%s\n",o,w,a,r;f1=f2=f3=f4=0}'  PLEVA3_280711_SAP.txt

Do the other needed formatting.
This User Gave Thanks to panyam For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to convert text file to html table using perl

Hi, I have a text file say file1 having data like ABC c:/hm/new1 Dir DEF d:/ner/d sd ...... So i want to make a table from this text file, is it possible to do it using perl. Thanks in advance Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert the below file to csv format

Hi , i want to change this question, i will post soon.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth2567
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store table contents in csv file

I need to write a script to store the contents of a table in a csv file I'm using Toad, it's a Oracle database. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing data from a table into a csv file

Hi I need to write a bash script to take the data stored in 3 oracle tables .. and filter them and store the results in a csv file. It is an Oracle database Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update the table using values from a csv file

i want to run update query for oracle which is in up.sql taking values from a.csv. I have implemented shell script to do it. extn="perl" ls -1 | while read file do echo "$file,$extn" > a.csv done up.sql contains update file_list set filename=$1 where extn=$2; The code to update is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to convert table-by-row to matrix table

Hello, I need some help to reformat this table-by-row to matrix? infile: site1 A:o,p,q,r,s,t site1 C:y,u site1 T:v,w site1 -:x,z site2 A:p,r,t,v,w,z site2 C:u,y site2 G:q,s site2 -:o,x site3 A:o,q,s,t,u,z site3 C:y site3 T:v,w,x site3 -:p,routfile: SITE o p q r s t v u w x y... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a pivot table from CSV file

Gents, Can you please help me to create a pivot table from a csv file. ( I have zip the csv file) Using the file attached, columns 1,28 and 21 i would like to get something like this output JD Val 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert Txt file to HTML table and email

Hi all I need help converting a text file into a html table in bash and I need to email this table. The text file looks like the below. Two columns with multiple rows. Top row being header. Application Name Application Status Application 1 Open Application 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmanjd
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

1. This will insert the records into db table by reading from ta csv file

I have this code with me but the condition is If any of the mandatory columns are null then entire file will be rejected. LOAD DATA infile ' ' #specifies the name of a datafile containing data that you want to load BADFILE ' ' #specifies the name of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raka123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in a file and convert in a table

Hi to all, I have a file like that in attach, I need to create a table or csv with only this field: "Barcode","Device Name", "ACSL". I tried with grep with -B options but the number of lines are different for any block is different, there is a method with sed or awk to extract it. Thanks a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alen192
2 Replies
nlist_pa(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       nlist_pa(4)

NAME
nlist_pa: nlist, nlist64 - structure formats for PA-RISC systems SYNOPSIS
Remarks The exact content of the structures defined below can be best found by examining It varies somewhat between various HP-UX implementations. This manpage describes on PA-RISC systems. For on Integrity systems, see nlist_ia(4). DESCRIPTION
and can be used to extract information from the symbol table in an object file (see nlist(3C)). They are basically the same tool except can only process SOM files on a PA-RISC 32-bit system while can process SOM and ELF files on either a PA-RISC 32-bit or 64-bit system. Since symbol tables are machine dependent (as defined in each implementation's copy of a header file, is defined to encapsulate the differ- ences. The nlist function, either or when used with the corresponding nlist structure, can be used to extract certain information about selected symbols in the symbol table. The data associated with each symbol is machine specific, thus only the name and position of the field in the function is standardized by HP-UX. The rest of the structure includes at least the value and type of the symbol. The names and meanings of all fields not standardized will change no more than necessary. SEE ALSO
nlist(3C), a.out(4). PA-RISC Systems Only nlist_pa(4)