Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them Post 302543034 by realspirituals on Friday 29th of July 2011 12:56:18 PM
Old 07-29-2011
The same example works fineSmilie. But when I apply the same to a real time scenario. It is not working.Smilie.
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{a[$0]=1}$19 in a{print FILENAME":"$0}' 2.txt $RESPONSE_DIR/DOWNLOAD*.dat > 2matches.txt

I try to get a list of files from RESPONSE_DIR, the position is 19.
19th position is the last position in the file. Also there may be spaces with in the values ...

---------- Post updated at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:26 AM ----------

Also this is not working for more than 200 records. Smilie

Last edited by radoulov; 07-31-2011 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: Code tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search a list of lines in file into files

I have a file (file1) which is like host1 host2 host3 host4 the list goes on............ Now I want the above lines in files to be compared with files under /opt/new/ File names are as below: Dev Prod QA And suppose host1 from file1 is found under Dev(file under /opt/new)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

list and export strings in a file

Hi all, I have a file looks something like this: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ aaaa bbbbbb ccc dddddddd ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I will like a script that can echo line1 export line1 as env variable echo line2 export line2 as env variable etc etc Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avatar Gixxer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want unix script to search a list of strings

Want unix script to search a list of strings (stored line by line in a file), search all the matching lines of files under directories and subdirectories in different unix machines(not one box diff boxes - all the unix box names and username/password are stored with a comma delimitor in flat file)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adminuser
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk search for a element in the list of strings

Hi, how do I match a particular element in a list and replace it with blank? awk 'sub///' $FILE list="AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Multiple Strings from a list of *.gz files withour decompressing...

Hello Team, There is this situation where there are around 20 *.gz files and i want to search multiple words from all those files. Example as below : filea.gz fileb.gz filec.gz now i want to search words "hi" and "hello" from all these 3 files without... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun87
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a list of strings in a file with Python

Hi guys, I'm trying to search for several strings, which I have in a .txt file line by line, on another file. So the idea is, take input.txt and search for each line in that file in another file, let's call it rules.txt. So far, I've been able to do this, to search for individual strings: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starriol
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search list of files

Hi All, I Have 2 files. file1: abc.xml.gz abcd.xml.gz xyz.xml.gz X.xml.gz File2 abc. x. cde. unix. My requirment is search File1 using File2 and need below ouput. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: j.vutakanti
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using find to output list of files with specific strings

This is my problem, I am using the following code to extract the file names with specific strings 0.01: find ./ -name "*.txt" -exec grep -H '0.01' {} + It works wonders with a small sample. However, when I use it in a real scenario it produces an empty file -even though I am sure there are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies
XTERMCONTROL(1) 						   User Commands						   XTERMCONTROL(1)

NAME
xtermcontrol - dynamic control of XFree86 xterm properties. SYNOPSIS
xtermcontrol [OPTIONS]... DESCRIPTION
xtermcontrol makes it easy to change colors, title, font and geometry of a running XFree86 xterm(1), as well as to report the current set- tings of the aforementioned properties. Window manipulations de-/iconify, raise/lower, maximize/restore and reset are also supported. To complete the feature set; xtermcontrol lets advanced users issue any xterm control sequence of their choosing. OPTIONS
--fg=COLOR Set foreground color (see also COLOR NAMES). --bg=COLOR Set background color. --colorN=COLOR Set N'th [0-15] color. --highlight=COLOR Set highlight color. --cursor=COLOR Set cursor color. --mouse-fg=COLOR Set mouse pointer foreground color. --mouse-bg=COLOR Set mouse pointer background color. --font=FONT Set font name (see also FONT NAMES). Alternatively it is possible to specify a fontmenu index as '#[0-6]' or navigate the fontmenu by relative sizes as '#+N' or '#-N', where N is an optional integer. --title=STRING Set window title. Note that mechanisms like the bash(1) PROMPT_COMMAND may overwrite the title. --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF Set size and/or position. Through its control sequences the xterm only recognize positive XOFF and YOFF offsets, which are pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. xtermcontrol is therefore unable to handle negative offsets as described in the X(7x) GEOMETRY SPECIFICATIONS and therefore truncates negative values to zero. --get-fg Report foreground color. --get-bg Report background color. --get-colorN Report N'th [0-15] color. --get-highlight Report highlight color. --get-cursor Report cursor color. --get-mouse-fg Report mouse pointer foreground color. --get-mouse-bg Report mouse pointer background color. --get-font Report font. --get-title Report window title. --get-geometry Report size and position. The size of the text area is reported in characters and the position is reported in pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. --maximize Maximize window. --restore Restore maximized window. --iconify Iconify window. --de-iconify De-iconify window. --raise Raise window. --lower Lower window. --reset Full reset. --raw=CTLSEQS Issue raw control sequence (see also XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES). --file=FILE Force xtermcontrol to read configurations (see also CONFIGURATION) from FILE instead of the standard personal initialization file ~/.xtermcontrol. --force, -f Skip TERM environment variable check. --verbose, -v Print verbose reports. --help, -h Print help message and exit. --version Print the version number and exit. CONFIGURATION
xtermcontrol reads a default, ~/.xtermcontrol, or a user specified configuration file on startup. Each line in the file is either a com- ment or contains an attribute. Attributes consist of a keyword and an associated value: keyword = value # comment The valid keyword/value combinations are: foreground="COLOR" background="COLOR" highlight="COLOR" cursor="COLOR" mouse-foreground="COLOR" mouse-background="COLOR" geometry="WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF" font="FONT" color0="COLOR" color1="COLOR" color2="COLOR" color3="COLOR" color4="COLOR" color5="COLOR" color6="COLOR" color7="COLOR" color8="COLOR" color9="COLOR" color10="COLOR" color11="COLOR" color12="COLOR" color13="COLOR" color14="COLOR" color15="COLOR" Whitespace is ignored in attributes unless within a quoted value. The character '#' is taken to begin a comment. Each '#' and all remaining characters on that line is ignored. FONT NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) FONT NAMES. Font names like '-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-60-iso8859-1' are very cumber- some to write, so it is convenient to make use of aliases, e.g. 'fixed' or '8x13', if present in fonts.alias files of the font directo- ries. COLOR NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) COLOR NAMES. Basically this means that colors are specified by name or rgb value, e.g. 'blue', 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF' or '#00F'. Colors are typically reported by the xterm in a device-dependent numerical form, e.g. 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF'. Note that old syntax rgb values should always be quoted to avoid '#' being interpreted as the beginning of a comment by the shell (see also FILES). XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES
The secret behind xtermcontrol is xterm control sequences. All the possible (there are a plethora of them) control sequences are documented in ctlseqs.txt, found in the xterm(1) distribution (see also FILES). TROUBLESHOOTING
If read/write permissions on the tty's are changed so that special group membership is required to be able to write to the pseudo terminal, the easiest workaround is to install xtermcontrol setuid root. Xterm(1) has three resources, allowWindowOps, allowTitleOps, and allowFontOps, that enables or disables special operations which xtermcon- trol relies on. If any of these resources are set (or defaults) to 'false' xtermcontrol may hang. The resources corresponds to xtermcon- trol options as: allowWindowOps: --raise --lower --restore --maximize --iconify --de-iconify --get-title --geometry --get-geometry allowTitleOps: --title allowFontOps: --font --get-font All three resources can usually be enabled for the current xterm session via a menu; ctrl+rightclick and look for menu item names like 'Allow Window Ops'. To set these resource values persistently you can add the following to either your local ~/.Xdefaults file, or to a system-wide resource file like /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm: *VT100.allowWindowOps: true *VT100.allowTitleOps: true *VT100.allowFontOps: true FILES
<XRoot>/X11/rgb.txt Default rgb color name file location. ctlseqs.txt Xterm control sequences documentation. Distributed with xterm from http://dickey.his.com/xterm/ SEE ALSO
xterm(1), X(7x) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Jess Thrysoee <jess@thrysoee.dk> xtermcontrol 2.10 October 17, 2009 XTERMCONTROL(1)