Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Setting up a secure channel with AIX Post 302542999 by h@foorsa.biz on Friday 29th of July 2011 07:29:11 AM
Old 07-29-2011
If you mean password less authentication and encrypted data flow between servers ,
Then install OpenSSH for AIX and then follow the following procedures here

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Setting Up Samba for AIX

Hi all I want to know how do I create a print queue using samba on AIX enviroment to print to file. Setup step require. Anyone please help me on this. Vincent (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vwong
2 Replies

2. AIX

How to use SSH Secure File Transfer tool from windows to AIX without password?

If I use SSh Secure File Transfer tool on Windows, I want to transfer file from windows to AIX without password, how to do it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
6 Replies

3. AIX

Fibre channel drivers on RS/6000 aix 5L

Want to configure IBM raid strorage but the aix 5L cds do not have the drivers for the fibre channels. The machine is RS/6000. I have gone to IBM downlaodable sites but i can't find the drivers? help pliz:mad: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zim-Aix-Guru
4 Replies

4. AIX

How to secure ftp in AIX

Hi, the default ftp that comes with AIX5L is not secured as far as i know. How to install and use the secured FTP in AIX? Linux these days uses vsftpd daemon(very secured FTP daemon) is there VSFTPD for AIX? if there is any where can i download it from? thanks and regards Pchangba (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX and Secure Shell

I just installed 5.3 TL0 on a B50 server. I need to get ssh installed. I tried the links at http://sourceforge.net/projects/openssh-aix] I downloaded openssh_5.2p1_aix53.tar and openssh-4.5_srcpatch.tar. The installation failed. The notes say that this was compiled for TL 8, and mine is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geekasaurus
3 Replies

6. AIX

Setting up printer in AIX 6.1

Hi All, I have been trying to configure an HP laserjet printer on an AIX6.1 server through network as well as remote. This is the first time i am configuring a printer on AIX. I had been using smitty butwhile configuring, i am getting blank/stuck at "software to support the printer attachment... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
10 Replies

7. AIX

Can we secure telnet on AIX

Hi, I understand that, we can use SSH/SSL for encrypted/secure sessions. my question is " can we secure telnet on AIX " ? usually, we disable network services like ftp, telnet etc. and replace it with SFTP, SSH. is there a way to secure telnet without disabling it ? i found some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting AIX vi colors

Hi - In my ~/.exrc file I have: set number syntax on colorscheme evening The numbers are set when I open a file but the syntax and colorscheme options are not available: syntax: Not an editor command Is there a workaround to getting colors appear, without installing anything? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocbit
2 Replies

9. AIX

[ASK] - AIX Fibre Channel behavior

Hello all, Let me introduce about the context and my environment. We have an AIX 6.1 system, it has 4 FC channels / > lsdev -Cc adapter | grep fcs fcs0 Available 23-T1 Virtual Fibre Channel Client Adapter fcs1 Available 23-T1 Virtual Fibre Channel Client Adapter fcs2 Available 23-T1... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
14 Replies
ssh-keysign(1M)                                                                                                                    ssh-keysign(1M)

NAME
ssh-keysign - ssh helper program for host-based authentication SYNOPSIS
ssh-keysign ssh-keysign is used by ssh(1) to access the local host keys and generate the digital signature required during host-based authentication with SSH protocol version 2. This signature is of data that includes, among other items, the name of the client host and the name of the client user. ssh-keysign is disabled by default and can be enabled only in the global client configuration file /etc/ssh/ssh_config by setting Host- basedAuthentication to yes. ssh-keysign is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from ssh. See ssh(1) and sshd(1M) for more information about host-based authen- tication. /etc/ssh/ssh_config Controls whether ssh-keysign is enabled. /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key These files contain the private parts of the host keys used to generate the digital signature. They should be owned by root, readable only by root, and not accessible to others. Because they are readable only by root, ssh-keysign must be set-uid root if host-based authentication is used. ssh-keysign will not sign host-based authentication data under the following conditions: o If the HostbasedAuthentication client configuration parameter is not set to yes in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. This setting cannot be overri- den in users' ~/.ssh/ssh_config files. o If the client hostname and username in /etc/ssh/ssh_config do not match the canonical hostname of the client where ssh-keysign is invoked and the name of the user invoking ssh-keysign. In spite of ssh-keysign's restrictions on the contents of the host-based authentication data, there remains the ability of users to use it as an avenue for obtaining the client's private host keys. For this reason host-based authentication is turned off by default. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ssh(1), sshd(1M), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl, markus@openbsd.org HISTORY
ssh-keysign first appeared in Ox 3.2. 9 Jun 2004 ssh-keysign(1M)