Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Setting up a secure channel with AIX Post 302542995 by newtoaixos on Friday 29th of July 2011 07:13:31 AM
Old 07-29-2011
Setting up a secure channel with AIX

hi
i have two aix servers and I was asked to setup a secure shell between the two servers using the sybase user. Can any one let me know how to do this

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Setting Up Samba for AIX

Hi all I want to know how do I create a print queue using samba on AIX enviroment to print to file. Setup step require. Anyone please help me on this. Vincent (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vwong
2 Replies

2. AIX

How to use SSH Secure File Transfer tool from windows to AIX without password?

If I use SSh Secure File Transfer tool on Windows, I want to transfer file from windows to AIX without password, how to do it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
6 Replies

3. AIX

Fibre channel drivers on RS/6000 aix 5L

Want to configure IBM raid strorage but the aix 5L cds do not have the drivers for the fibre channels. The machine is RS/6000. I have gone to IBM downlaodable sites but i can't find the drivers? help pliz:mad: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zim-Aix-Guru
4 Replies

4. AIX

How to secure ftp in AIX

Hi, the default ftp that comes with AIX5L is not secured as far as i know. How to install and use the secured FTP in AIX? Linux these days uses vsftpd daemon(very secured FTP daemon) is there VSFTPD for AIX? if there is any where can i download it from? thanks and regards Pchangba (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX and Secure Shell

I just installed 5.3 TL0 on a B50 server. I need to get ssh installed. I tried the links at http://sourceforge.net/projects/openssh-aix] I downloaded openssh_5.2p1_aix53.tar and openssh-4.5_srcpatch.tar. The installation failed. The notes say that this was compiled for TL 8, and mine is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geekasaurus
3 Replies

6. AIX

Setting up printer in AIX 6.1

Hi All, I have been trying to configure an HP laserjet printer on an AIX6.1 server through network as well as remote. This is the first time i am configuring a printer on AIX. I had been using smitty butwhile configuring, i am getting blank/stuck at "software to support the printer attachment... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
10 Replies

7. AIX

Can we secure telnet on AIX

Hi, I understand that, we can use SSH/SSL for encrypted/secure sessions. my question is " can we secure telnet on AIX " ? usually, we disable network services like ftp, telnet etc. and replace it with SFTP, SSH. is there a way to secure telnet without disabling it ? i found some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting AIX vi colors

Hi - In my ~/.exrc file I have: set number syntax on colorscheme evening The numbers are set when I open a file but the syntax and colorscheme options are not available: syntax: Not an editor command Is there a workaround to getting colors appear, without installing anything? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocbit
2 Replies

9. AIX

[ASK] - AIX Fibre Channel behavior

Hello all, Let me introduce about the context and my environment. We have an AIX 6.1 system, it has 4 FC channels / > lsdev -Cc adapter | grep fcs fcs0 Available 23-T1 Virtual Fibre Channel Client Adapter fcs1 Available 23-T1 Virtual Fibre Channel Client Adapter fcs2 Available 23-T1... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
14 Replies