Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is an HFS server?
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat What is an HFS server? Post 302542968 by sysgate on Friday 29th of July 2011 05:59:18 AM
Old 07-29-2011
It's probably Http File Server, but it looks like it's available only for Windows or under WINE.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

when users ftp to server the timezone reflected is UTC but the server is set to TZ in localtime

Guys, Need your help coz my server runs in local time GMT +8, but when client use ftp and login, the resulting timestamp seen in each file is in UTC format. We need to set that the time should be the same as GMT +8 when in ftp session. I am using RHEL 5.3. root@]# ll total 1740... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shtobias
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

3. SCO

Sco Unix HFS file system error

HI, I have sco unix server currently i am trying to boot its not booting and giving error as HTFS error message contains - Warning : can not identify block 496 for i number 438 on HTFS dev hd (1/42). Warning : exit - /etc/init (PID 1) died, status 0x0000008B server is not getting boot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: islamsk
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

HFS+ and Urine

So, my 2 year old managed to pee all over my MacBook. It's dead and I'm attempting to retrieve the files from the hard drive. I installed it as a secondary drive in my Ubuntu box and I can see files, but permissions are preventing me from retrieving my pictures. I tried to change ownership of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthignight24
5 Replies

5. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) repository from Unix Server

Hello, Some of our application team uses Microsoft Team Foundation server (TFS) reposity tool for their .NET projects , I would like to access it form Unix/Linux machine. Please let me know how can access the TFS from unix. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH fetching files from server A onto server B and putting on server C

Dear Friends, Sorry for this basic request. But I just started learning Ksh recently and still I am a newbie in this field. Q: I have files on one server and the date format is 20121001000009_224625.in which has year (yyyy) month (mm) and date (dd). I have these files on server A. The task... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to server-1 from server-2 and get a file from server-1

I need to connect to a ftp server-1 from linux server-2 and copy/get a file from server-1 which follows a name pattern of FILENAME* (located on the root directory) and copy on a directory on server-2. Later, I have to use this file for ETL loading... For this I tried using as below /usr/bin/ftp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies
ninode(5)							File Formats Manual							 ninode(5)

NAME
ninode - maximum number of HFS file system open inodes that can be in memory VALUES
Failsafe Default The default value is computed at runtime and depends on the amount of physical memory on the system. For small memory systems (less than 1GB), the default is 4880. For systems with more than 1GB of memory, the default is 8192, or 8K. Allowed values The minimum value allowed is 14. The maximum value allowed is memory limited. Specify a positive integer value. DESCRIPTION
The tunable defines the number of slots in the HFS inode table. This number limits the number of open inodes that can be in memory for HFS file systems at any given time. The inode table is used as a cache memory. For performance reasons the most recent (number of) open inodes are kept in main memory. The table is hashed. Each unique open file has an open inode associated with it. Therefore, the larger the number of unique open files, the larger should be. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? This tunable is only relevant on systems where there are HFS file systems mounted. Note that the use of HFS file systems is being depre- cated in HP-UX. Restrictions on Changing This tunable is static. Any changes to the value of this tunable will require system reboot to take effect. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? This value of many need to be raised on systems running applications that expect large numbers of open files on HFS file systems. What are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? The HFS inode table is statically allocated, therefore will consume more memory if the value of this tunable is raised. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? The value of can be lowered on systems with small or no mounted HFS file systems, to reduce memory consumption. What are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? The number of open HFS inodes that can be kept in memory is bound to the new lower limit. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. The tunable is relevant only on systems with HFS file systems. Note that the use of HFS file systems is being deprecated in HP-UX. This and other HFS related tunable parameters may be removed from future HP-UX releases. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), sam(1M), gettune(2), settune(2). Tunable Kernel Parameters ninode(5)