Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Request denied by nimsh
Operating Systems AIX Request denied by nimsh Post 302542908 by d3v1ous on Friday 29th of July 2011 02:37:17 AM
Old 07-29-2011
Request denied by nimsh

Hello, i try to configure NIM master & client and backup couple of boxes to master nim server.
I have successfully setup for the NIM environment both for client and server (i think), but when i try to make mksyb image i get this message:

Code:
0042-001 nim: processing error encountered on "master":
   0042-006 m_mkbosi: (From_Master) connect Error 0

0042-008 nimsh: Request denied - sebsapp1.sofiyskavoda.local

The command what i use is:

Code:
nim -o define -t mksysb -a mk_image=yes -a mksysb_flags=e -a server=master -a location=/export/nim/mksysb -a source=ERPDEV ERPDEV_mksysb

Can somebody help me?
Thanks

Last edited by pludi; 07-29-2011 at 04:03 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

4. AIX

nimsh configuration on the clients

Hi, I do not want to use rsh to install and push software on my clients because we are trying to increase the security in our company. I setup nimsh (nimconfig -c) on my master (6.1TL6SP6) without any errors. I install openssl on my client (5.3TL12SP3) and ran nimclient -c as indicated in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cforget2810
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Access Denied

Hi All, I have a root access for one of the server. But, when i try to cd one particular directory i will get the access denied message. Even though that particular directory is created under root. What would be the cause for this? I really wonder if any one have answer for my... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sricharan21
20 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access Denied

I login to a server and get a Access Denied Prompt but I clearly lets me into the prompt with Putty. I do a sudo -s enter my password tells me Access Denied but I am clearly now Root Just wondering why this is so? what is misconfigured? I mean its not prohibiting me from anything, this is more... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies
ypwhich(1)							   User Commands							ypwhich(1)

NAME
ypwhich - return name of NIS server or map master SYNOPSIS
ypwhich [-d domain] [ [-t] -m [mname] | [-Vn] hostname] ypwhich -x DESCRIPTION
ypwhich returns the name of the NIS server that supplies the NIS name services to a NIS client, or which is the master for a map. If invoked without arguments, it gives the NIS server for the local machine. If hostname is specified, that machine is queried to find out which NIS master it is using. Refer to ypfiles(4) for an overview of the NIS name services. OPTIONS
-d domain Use domain instead of the default domain. -t This option inhibits map nickname translation. -m mname Find the master NIS server for a map. No hostname can be specified with -m. mname can be a mapname, or a nickname for a map. When mname is omitted, produce a list of available maps. -x Display the map nickname translation table. -Vn Version of ypbind, V3 is default. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ypfiles(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 7 Apr 1995 ypwhich(1)