Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Password management / centralized password management Post 302542881 by sheikh76 on Friday 29th of July 2011 12:50:37 AM
Old 07-29-2011
Password management / centralized password management

Hello all,

I need help for build server call as Password management / centralized password management server.

My situation and example:
I have 600 server in my server room running on Linux then I need 1 server only can create login/password and then user can login to all 600 server no need to ssh or putty to each server to add login/password.

Anyone here can help or can give guide to follow to build up Password management / centralized password management server.

Thanks.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

centralized unix user management

Does it exist centralized tools on unix for managing users of all servers (like windows AD) ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: astjen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

3. Solaris

SSH Password-less login fails on password expiry.

Hi Gurus I have a few Sol 5.9 servers and i have enabled password less authentication between them for my user ID. Often i have found that when my password has expired,the login fails. Resetting my password reenables the keys. Do i need to do something to avoid this scenario or is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multi-platform Centralized Patch Management

We have a mix of AIX, HP-UX, Linux (RHEL and SLES), and Solaris in our environment. Currently we have seperate patch management systems for each platform (NIM, SD, Spacewalk, etc), but have started looking for a centralized patch management solution that would work for most, if not all, of our... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password protect a CSV file: better solution than ZIP password?

Hi We send *.csv with sensitive data to our customers. Our customers open those files with Excel. A new requirement is that we password protect those CSV files. I thought to pack them with ZIP and assign a password to the archive. But Solaris 10 can't encrypt ZIP files. $ zip -P... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password management

You know those lists of "the most common passwords"? I was looking at one of those because I actually want to use a really common password or two on occasion. The thing is I'm skeptical that these are legitimate lists. Most things these days require at least 8 chars with a numeral. But these lists... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jutnobs
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Individual Risk Management (Personal IT Security) and Browser Cache Management

Original post from this thread on browser caching. To add to this, it is an effective security measure to clear absolutely all cached data (cookies, web content, ....) when closing the browser - i.e. in case of a shutdown. It takes a bit of work to re-login to all the sites but websites will not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
7 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
rlm_pap(5)							 FreeRADIUS Module							rlm_pap(5)

NAME
rlm_pap - FreeRADIUS Module DESCRIPTION
The rlm_pap module authenticates RADIUS Access-Request packets that contain a User-Password attribute. The module should also be listed last in the authorize section, so that it can set the Auth-Type attribute as appropriate. When a RADIUS packet contains a clear-text password in the form of a User-Password attribute, the rlm_pap module may be used for authenti- cation. The module requires a "known good" password, which it uses to validate the password given in the RADIUS packet. That "known good" password must be supplied by another module (e.g. rlm_files, rlm_ldap, etc.), and is usually taken from a database. CONFIGURATION
The only relevant configuration item is: auto_header If set to "yes", the module will look inside of the User-Password attribute for the headers {crypt}, {clear}, etc., and will auto- matically create the appropriate attribute, with the correct value. This module understands many kinds of password hashing methods, as given by the following table. Header Attribute Description ------ --------- ----------- {clear} Cleartext-Password clear-text passwords {cleartext} Cleartext-Password clear-text passwords {crypt} Crypt-Password Unix-style "crypt"ed passwords {md5} MD5-Password MD5 hashed passwords {smd5} SMD5-Password MD5 hashed passwords, with a salt {sha} SHA-Password SHA1 hashed passwords {ssha} SSHA-Password SHA1 hashed passwords, with a salt {nt} NT-Password Windows NT hashed passwords {x-nthash} NT-Password Windows NT hashed passwords {lm} LM-Password Windows Lan Manager (LM) passwords. The module tries to be flexible when handling the various password formats. It will automatically handle Base-64 encoded data, hex strings, and binary data, and convert them to a format that the server can use. It is important to understand the difference between the User-Password and Cleartext-Password attributes. The Cleartext-Password attribute is the "known good" password for the user. Simply supplying the Cleartext-Password to the server will result in most authentication meth- ods working. The User-Password attribute is the password as typed in by the user on their private machine. The two are not the same, and should be treated very differently. That is, you should generally not use the User-Password attribute anywhere in the RADIUS configura- tion. For backwards compatibility, there are old configuration parameters which may be work, although we do not recommend using them. SECTIONS
authorize authenticate FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5) AUTHOR
Alan DeKok <aland@freeradius.org> 6 June 2008 rlm_pap(5)