Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to download HP-UX OS?
Operating Systems HP-UX How to download HP-UX OS? Post 302542734 by Peasant on Thursday 28th of July 2011 11:54:44 AM
Old 07-28-2011
As folks said, you won't be able to do nothing with those CD's unless you have PA-RISC or Itanium architecture.

Virtualization of HPUX is only possible with HPVM, afaik.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where can i download unix

okay, where can i download the unix operating system? i cant find it anywhere on your site (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dcotto21
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

download

where can i download the game (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kabouter5454
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where can i download UNIX OS?

where can i download UNIX OS? I am a new bie! :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vuluan
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

LINUX Download

I would like to download a basic copy of LINUX to my PC as a sandbox in which I can run basic commands and functions as a learning tool. I have an older PC - Pentium III Processor at 1GHz, 128MB RAM at 133 MHz, Windows ME operating system. Is there a version of LINUX that would be compatible with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ednan171
9 Replies

5. HP-UX

Download HP-UX

Hi, I want to download HP-UX 11.31. From where i could get it? Thanks, Prashant. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashantbhushan
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Download HP-UX

Hi all, Can anyone pls gimme the sitename or some torrent link to download HP-UX DVD / CDs. I want it for intel machines. Pls help. Thanks in adv. Vikas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas027
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From Where Can I download MIB

Hi, From Where I can download MIB for Linux 7.2. Please help. Regards, Sumit Roy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitroy
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

where can I download UNIX?

Dear All, I am a newbie in this forum, I use to know the Linux box, now I want to try with UNIX, so how can I start from the beginning (setup, configuration.....)? and where can I download UNIX? Regards; BL (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenboly
2 Replies

9. AIX

which SP to download

Hi All, Which should I download from this SP: http://www-933.ibm.com/eserver/support/fixes/fixcentral/pseriesfixpackinformation/5300-08-02-0822 I got my AIX5.3 freshly installed. Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to download HP-UX OS?

How to download HP-UX OS? I want to install Hp-UX OS for practicing commands and all. Which site can I use? Kindly help!! Thank you in advance!:o (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
4 Replies
fastbind(1)						      General Commands Manual						       fastbind(1)

NAME
fastbind - Prepare an incomplete executable for faster program start-up SYNOPSIS
incomplete-executable... DESCRIPTION
is a tool that can improve the start-up time of programs that use shared libraries (incomplete executables) by storing information about needed shared library symbols in the executable file. performs analysis on the symbols used to bind an executable and all of it's dependent shared libraries, and stores this information in the executable file. The next time the executable is run, the dynamic loader will notice that this information is available, and it will use this fastbind information to bind the executable instead of the standard search method for binding the symbols. For Itanium-based systems, the dynamic loader is for 32-bit mode or for 64-bit mode. For PA-RISC systems, the dynamic loader is for 32-bit mode or for 64-bit mode. Since writes the fastbind information in the executable file, you must have write permission on the executable file. Also, if the exe- cutable file being analyzed is being run as another process, the file will be locked against modifications by the kernel, and will fail. If the shared libraries that an executable is dependent on are modified after the fastbind information is created, the dynamic loader will silently revert to standard search method for binding the symbols. The fastbind information can be re-created by running on the executable again. will automatically erase the old fastbind information and generate the new one. The option can be used to instruct the linker to run the fastbind tool on an incomplete executable it has produced. Environment Variables If determines that the fastbind information is out of date, it will silently revert to standard search method for binding the symbols. If the environment variable is set to the dynamic loader will emit a warning message when the fastbind information is out of date. The environment variable can be set to to make the dynamic loader ignore the fastbind information and revert to the standard search method for binding the symbols. Options recognizes the following options: Remove the fastbind information from the executable, returning it to the same state it was in before was originally run on it. Normally, if detects any unsatisfied symbols while building the fastbind information, it will generate an error message and not mod- ify the executable file. When is invoked with option however, unresolved symbols are allowed. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables The following internationalization variables affect the execution of Determines the locale category for native language, local customs and coded character set in the absence of and other environment variables. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of (see lang(5)) is used instead of Determines the values for all locale categories and has precedence over and other environment variables. Determines the locale that should be used to affect the format and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error. Determines the locale category for numeric formatting. Determines the locale category for character handling functions. Determines the location of message catalogs for the processing of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to See envi- ron(5). In addition, the following environment variable affects Specifies a directory for temporary files (see tmpnam(3S)). DIAGNOSTICS
returns zero when the operation is successful. A non-zero return code indicates that an error occurred. EXAMPLES
To run on the executable file enter: To later remove the fastbind information from the executable file enter: WARNINGS
32-bit PA-RISC does not work with EXEC_MAGIC executables. effectively enforces bind restricted and bind immediate. For example, consider an executable linked bind deferred, which calls a function foo() defined in an implicitly loaded library. Before the actual call is made, if it explicitly loads a shared library (using shl_load(3X) with having a definition for when is finally called, it will be resolved from the explicitly loaded library. But after running the symbol will be resolved from the implicitly loaded library. AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. FILES
output file 32-bit PA-RISC dynamic loader 32-bit Itanium-based dynamic loader 64-bit PA-RISC dynamic loader 64-bit Itanium-based dynamic loader message catalog temporary files SEE ALSO
System Tools ld(1) invoke the link editor Miscellaneous a.out(4) assembler, compiler, and linker output dld.sl(5) PA-RISC dynamic loader dld.so(5) Itanium-based dynamic loader Texts and Tutorials