Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple question about vmstat
Operating Systems Solaris Simple question about vmstat Post 302542644 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 28th of July 2011 09:14:27 AM
Old 07-28-2011
looks like your hardware is a little bit out of league... what hardware do you use?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat question

Hello all, I have the folowing question: I have an E450 with Solaris 2.6 running in a cluster environment. The primary node runs Oracle 8.1.5. My problem is: every time the Oracle Database is shutdown, the "w"colum in vmstat command jumps to "30". In man page for vmstat command, the "w" colum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: htsubamoto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

3. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple ls question

i am doing ls -la in the out put , first line is as total 41621 What is this total? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

vmstat question

if I have a two CPU when I run vmstat command to check cpu usage it only one row procs memory page faults cpu r b w avm free re at pi po fr de sr in sy cs us sy id 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very simple question

Hi, guys, I'm a new comer here. I'm studying Unix Shell and I met a problem confusing me a lot. Here it is : script 1: #!/bin/sh # scriptname : do_increment increment(){ sum=`expr $1 + 1` return $sum # Return the value of sum to the script. } echo -n "The sum is " increment $1 # Call... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very simple question 2

Hey , another question is below: Administrator@fe038390aa60482 ~/Frank/20130509 $ c=`ls -ls` Administrator@fe038390aa60482 ~/Frank/20130509 $ echo $c Total 4 1 -rwxr--r-- 1 Administrator None 482 May 9 11:07 do_increment 1 -rwxr --r-- 1 Administrator None 272 May 9 11:32 do_square 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat Linux question on top and vmstat outputs

RHEL 5.4 Our Linux machine seemed to be running slow. So, I ran the top and vmstat commands. Question1. I can see the process 11517 consuming 100% CPU . But that just means that this process totally utilizes one of the cores in a mult-core CPU. Right ? This machine apparently has two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

10. AIX

Question on r-queue from vmstat out

On our prod system we found sometime runqueue goes back to 0 as below. Whereas on test server even with very very less work the r-queue never dropped to 0. Under what conditions r-queue drops to 0? Does it mean something unusual? EG: kthr memory page faults ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixusrsys
1 Replies
ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F)										  ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F)

NAME
ddi_intr_get_supported_types - return information on supported hardware interrupt types SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/conf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_intr_get_supported_types(dev_info_t *dip, int *typesp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) dip Pointer to dev_info structure typesp Pointer to supported interrupt types The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function retrieves the interrupt types supported by a particular hardware device and by the system soft- ware. Upon successful return, the supported types are returned as a bit mask in the integer pointed to by the typesp argument. See <sys/ddi_intr.h> for a list of interrupts that can be returned by a hardware device. For PCI devices that support MSI and/or MSI-X based hardware, this interface returns only the interrupt types that are supported by all the hardware in the path to the hardware device. An interrupt type is usable by the hardware device if it is returned by the ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function. The device driver can be programmed to use one of the returned interrupt types to receive hardware interrupts. The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function returns: DDI_SUCCESS On success. DDI_EINVAL On encountering invalid input parameters. DDI_INTR_NOTFOUND Returned when the hardware device is found not to support any hardware interrupts. CONTEXT
The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function can be called from user or kernel non-interrupt context. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pci(4), attributes(5), pcmcia(7D), sysbus(4), ddi_intr_add_handler(9F), ddi_intr_alloc(9F), ddi_intr_enable(9F) The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function can be called by the device driver even at any time if the driver has added an interrupt han- dler for a given interrupt type. Soft interrupts are always usable and are not returned by this interface. Any consumer of this interface should verify that the return value is not equal to DDI_SUCCESS. Incomplete checking for failure codes could result in inconsistent behavior among platforms. 07 Apr 2005 ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F)