Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Java Process to use Multiple Processors Post 302542548 by us_pokiri on Thursday 28th of July 2011 02:57:54 AM
Old 07-28-2011
Java Process to use Multiple Processors

Hi All,

Here is the Issue..

we have an Application that when starts runs fine..but after 2-3 hours the performance of the process wil become very slow..

Initially when we look at the CPU utilization, its very less..but when the process starts running slow..we identified that it is using 100% of CPU of just 1 CPU..

The server is a Linux Box (SMP)..and we have 8 CPU's..which are not being used by the application..

The Application is a single threaded application..

I am trying to figure out, why is the Process not using other CPU's?

Will be there be any Server Configurations on the Linux Box to share the load between all the CPU's.

if we set the CPU Limit for the Process does it help?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i kill -9 multiple processors at once

Hi There How do i kill multiple processors on unix version 5.05, I know how to kill a single processors individually (e.g kill -9 process number),but i need to do it daily as some users dont log off the systems and keeps processor's running, and when the night jobstream executes it falls over... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh
7 Replies

2. Solaris

java process does not respawn

Hi, I am working on Solaris 8 on sunblade 150 machine.I have a java code jar file which I have configured in inittab to respawn.When I kill the process as per the respawn property the new process id gets generated.If I keep killing the process after 4-5 tries the process does not respawn.Sometimes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Custom name from java process

The Linux ps (report process status) utility is not very helpful when it comes to Java processes : The java executable path is usually so long, that the ps listing does not show any of its paramaters even in long mode. == 15379 ? S 0:01 /usr/local/java/ibm-jdk1.3/jre/bin/exe/java... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinbitian
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Custom name for java process

The Linux ps (report process status) utility is not very helpful when it comes to Java processes : The java executable path is usually so long, that the ps listing does not show any of its paramaters even in long mode. == 15379 ? S 0:01 /usr/local/java/ibm-jdk1.3/jre/bin/exe/java -Djava.se == ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinbitian
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in java process

Hi, My operating system is centOS. I am running a java process on this os. But my process is killed automatically before completion. The timing of process killing is uncertain. Please help me. Thanks in advance, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mrs. Deswal
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

return code of multiple java process

Hi, I have a unix shell script which is launching multiple java processes by calling a java class in a loop, but each time with a different set of parameters. Now I have to use the return code from each process in the script later. but how do i obtain the return code from each process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama354
1 Replies

7. Programming

Parallel process in java

Hello; Please Are both threads execute in parallel? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you identify a java process?

Hi, how do you identify if a java process is running in Unix? So for example if I have 8 JVM's running but I want to make sure one of them has definately stopped? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nosuchluck
1 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Multiple Processors and Load Average

The following information shows that there are in total 4 Processors on this machine: $ grep -i name /proc/cpuinfo model name : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218 model name : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218 model name : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
WMSMPMON(1)						      General Commands Manual						       WMSMPMON(1)

NAME
wmSMPmon - Window Maker System Monitor SYNOPSIS
wmSMPmon [options] DESCRIPTION
wmSMPmon is a Window Maker dock application that displays the following information about the system: - Current CPU utilization of up to two CPUs - Up to two minutes history of CPU utilization - Current memory usage - Current swap usage On dual CPU systems, wmSMPmon has three different styles for the utilization graph. To toggle between them just click into the graph. OPTIONS
All options start with one dash. -h Show summary of options. -r REFRESH_RATE Set the refresh rate of the graph in microseconds. The default is 250000 (a quarter of a second). -g GRAPH_STYLE Start using graph style #[1-3] (only on dual CPU systems). Style 1 shows the utiliziation in one graph, while 2 and 3 are split in two little graphs. Style 2 shows the two graphs on top of each other. Style 3 uses a mirror like type. The default style is 1, which is also the style used on single CPU systems. -c1 IDX, -c2 IDX On systems with more than 2 CPUs, select the CPUs to show. Per default CPU number 1 and 2 are shown. On a quad CPU systems you may launch second wmSMPmon showing CPUs number 3 and 4. -no-swap Do not monitor swap. SEE ALSO
wmaker(1x) AUTHOR
This manual page was originally written by Alain Schroeder <alain@debian.org> and adapted for wmSMPmon 3 by Thomas Ribbrock <emgaron@gmx.net> WMSMPMON(1)