Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to fetch File from a URL to Unix Server? Post 302542546 by sysgate on Thursday 28th of July 2011 02:49:41 AM
Old 07-28-2011
Dear, I hope that's not the real password? Please edit your post to obscure any sensitive information.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying the URL to point to another location in a .sh UNIX file

Hello, I wanted to know how I could change my UNIX script to point to a URL location different from what I had specified earlier. For instance, in my shell script, I want to change the parameter for SMGR. Currently, SMGR = http://192.168.32.160:8084/Simmanr6 should be changed to SMGR =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjanakir
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data from a text file in Unix

I want to fetch passwords from a common file xxxx.txt and use it in a script. Currently the password is hardcoded so this have to be changed so that password can be fetched from text file..... Please reply asap.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikhakaul
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Posting a file from Unix to URl

HI Can you please help me,how to post a xml file from Unix to URL. Basically,i want to map contents of my file at an url Regards Pooja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PoojaM
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Fetch a File From FTP server

Hi all, I need to download a file from ftp server through application server(UNIX server). Which only has sufficient privileges to connect to ftp server. And from that server( app server) i have to get that downloaded file in to my current UNIX server(working server where i am working). we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvk121
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open windows's .url file in unix

In windows, I can create a shortcut for websites. It's a .url file. the content of the file is like: How can I open it, the .url file, in firefox or google chrome in Unix(or just ubuntu)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hz_i3
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to fetch file from shared folder to unix box

Hi All, We have a requirement of pulling a file from shared folder to our unix box(Our application Servers). The Shared Folder and the servers are in teh same domain for eg UK domain For this purpose I got information like if in both source and destination ftp is enabled we can fetch the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhivya.enjoy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the different data by searching with a same variable from a file in AIX server

Hi, I am trying to fetch the different values in an xml file by searching with the same variable in AIX Server. <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> <value>admin</value> <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch Data from File using UNIX or Perl

Hello, How All are Doing today. I have a issue, I have a file which contains the data as follow <ENVELOPE><ENVELOPE_ID>TEST</ENVELOPE_ID><ENVELOPE_EXTERNAL_ID></ENVELOPE_EXTERNAL_ID><ENVELOPE_VERSION>2</ENVELOPE_VERSION><SIResourceDefaultVersion>true</SIResourceDefaultVersion><TYPE>GS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adisky123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch values from a line in a file to variables in UNIX?

Hi, I need to assign values from a lines in a file into variables in unix, i am using Korn shell. I tried the below script from posts but i am unable to fetch every value in a variable. #! /usr/bin/ksh #for file in test.txt; do IFS=$'\|' I=1 while read -a val do echo... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading URL using Mechanize and dump all the contents of the URL to a file

Hello, Am very new to perl , please help me here !! I need help in reading a URL from command line using PERL:: Mechanize and needs all the contents from the URL to get into a file. below is the script which i have written so far , #!/usr/bin/perl use LWP::UserAgent; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
2 Replies
vipw(1M)																  vipw(1M)

NAME
vipw - edit the password file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
edits the password file while setting the appropriate locks, and does any necessary processing after the password file is unlocked. If the password file is already being edited, you will be told to try again later. The editor is used unless the environment variable indicates an alternate editor. performs a number of consistency checks on the password entry for and does not allow a password file with an incorrectly formatted root entry to be installed. To help reduce the possibility of leaving the system in an unbootable state, root's entry is not considered prop- erly formatted if it has a user ID that is not zero, or if it has a shell other than or Please refer to passwd(4) and the manual for further details of password file format. WARNINGS
An file that is not removed when a system crashes prevents further editing of the file using after the system is rebooted. is the standard lock used by all commands which knowingly modify Successful execution of is not sufficient for proper system operation. To help maintain consistency with other system databases, editing of the password file with is generally discouraged. Please use or to edit AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
chfn(1), chsh(1), passwd(1), sam(1M), useradd(1M), usermod(1M), userdel(1M), passwd(4). vipw(1M)