Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to fetch File from a URL to Unix Server? Post 302542531 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 28th of July 2011 01:39:00 AM
Old 07-28-2011
The compile option for https support wasn't enabled when your version of wget was built. Get a new version of wget with https support.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying the URL to point to another location in a .sh UNIX file

Hello, I wanted to know how I could change my UNIX script to point to a URL location different from what I had specified earlier. For instance, in my shell script, I want to change the parameter for SMGR. Currently, SMGR = http://192.168.32.160:8084/Simmanr6 should be changed to SMGR =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjanakir
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data from a text file in Unix

I want to fetch passwords from a common file xxxx.txt and use it in a script. Currently the password is hardcoded so this have to be changed so that password can be fetched from text file..... Please reply asap.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikhakaul
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Posting a file from Unix to URl

HI Can you please help me,how to post a xml file from Unix to URL. Basically,i want to map contents of my file at an url Regards Pooja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PoojaM
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Fetch a File From FTP server

Hi all, I need to download a file from ftp server through application server(UNIX server). Which only has sufficient privileges to connect to ftp server. And from that server( app server) i have to get that downloaded file in to my current UNIX server(working server where i am working). we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvk121
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open windows's .url file in unix

In windows, I can create a shortcut for websites. It's a .url file. the content of the file is like: How can I open it, the .url file, in firefox or google chrome in Unix(or just ubuntu)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hz_i3
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to fetch file from shared folder to unix box

Hi All, We have a requirement of pulling a file from shared folder to our unix box(Our application Servers). The Shared Folder and the servers are in teh same domain for eg UK domain For this purpose I got information like if in both source and destination ftp is enabled we can fetch the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhivya.enjoy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the different data by searching with a same variable from a file in AIX server

Hi, I am trying to fetch the different values in an xml file by searching with the same variable in AIX Server. <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> <value>admin</value> <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch Data from File using UNIX or Perl

Hello, How All are Doing today. I have a issue, I have a file which contains the data as follow <ENVELOPE><ENVELOPE_ID>TEST</ENVELOPE_ID><ENVELOPE_EXTERNAL_ID></ENVELOPE_EXTERNAL_ID><ENVELOPE_VERSION>2</ENVELOPE_VERSION><SIResourceDefaultVersion>true</SIResourceDefaultVersion><TYPE>GS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adisky123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch values from a line in a file to variables in UNIX?

Hi, I need to assign values from a lines in a file into variables in unix, i am using Korn shell. I tried the below script from posts but i am unable to fetch every value in a variable. #! /usr/bin/ksh #for file in test.txt; do IFS=$'\|' I=1 while read -a val do echo... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading URL using Mechanize and dump all the contents of the URL to a file

Hello, Am very new to perl , please help me here !! I need help in reading a URL from command line using PERL:: Mechanize and needs all the contents from the URL to get into a file. below is the script which i have written so far , #!/usr/bin/perl use LWP::UserAgent; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
2 Replies
UPDATE-SMART-DRIVEDB(8)                                       SMART Monitoring Tools                                       UPDATE-SMART-DRIVEDB(8)

NAME
update-smart-drivedb - update smartmontools drive database SYNOPSIS
update-smart-drivedb [OPTIONS] [DESTFILE] DESCRIPTION
[This man page is generated for the Linux version of smartmontools. It does not contain info specific to other platforms.] update-smart-drivedb updates /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h or DESTFILE from smartmontools SVN repository. It tries to download first from the current branch and then from trunk. The tools used for downloading are either curl(1), wget(1), lynx(1), or svn(1). The old file is kept if the downloaded file is identical (ignoring the differences in Id string) otherwise it is moved to drivedb.h.old. OPTIONS
-s SMARTCTL Use the smartctl(8) executable at path SMARTCTL for drive database syntax check. The form '-s -' disables the syntax check. The default is /usr/sbin/smartctl. -t TOOL Use TOOL for download. TOOL is one of: curl wget lynx svn. The default is the first one found in PATH. -u LOCATION Use URL of LOCATION for download. LOCATION is one of: sf (Sourceforge code browser via HTTPS), svn (SVN repository via HTTPS), svni (SVN repository via HTTP), trac (Trac code browser via HTTPS). The default is svn. --cacert FILE Use CA certificates from FILE to verify the peer. --capath DIR Use CA certificate files from DIR to verify the peer. --insecure Don't abort download if certificate verification fails. This option is also required if a HTTP URL is selected with '-u' option. --dryrun Print download commands only. -v Verbose output. EXAMPLES
# update-smart-drivedb /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h updated from branches/RELEASE_6_6_DRIVEDB EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 if the database has been successfully updated. If an error occurs the exit status is 1. FILES
/usr/sbin/update-smart-drivedb full path of this script. /usr/sbin/smartctl used to check syntax of new drive database. /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h current drive database. /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h.old previous drive database. /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h.error new drive database if rejected due to syntax errors. /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h.lastcheck empty file created if downloaded file was identical. AUTHORS
Christian Franke. This manual page was originally written by Hannes von Haugwitz <hannes@vonhaugwitz.com>. REPORTING BUGS
To submit a bug report, create a ticket in smartmontools wiki: <http://www.smartmontools.org/>. Alternatively send the info to the smartmontools support mailing list: <https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/smartmontools-support>. SEE ALSO
smartctl(8), smartd(8). PACKAGE VERSION
smartmontools-6.6 2016-05-31 r4324 $Id: update-smart-drivedb.8.in 4223 2016-02-26 20:18:40Z chrfranke $ smartmontools-6.6 2016-05-31 UPDATE-SMART-DRIVEDB(8)