Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting foreach loop working in terminal but not in the script Post 302542493 by bflinchum on Wednesday 27th of July 2011 08:12:07 PM
Old 07-27-2011
Is that my problem it links to bash:

Code:
echo $SHELL

Yields:
Code:
/bin/bash

I assume it needs to say '/bin/csh'?

if this is the case do it do by:

Code:
setenv SHELL = /bin/csh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach loop

What am I doing wrong with this foreach loop? foreach var ($argv) @sum = $sum + $var (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haze21
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop

Hi Guys, I have a loop which uses a wildcard i.e. foreach f (*) but when I execute the tcsh file in unix then it gives me an error ->>>>>>>foreach: words not parenthesized<<<<<<<<<<- Any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abch624
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop + 2 variables

In a foreach loop, is it possible for the loop to go through 2 arguments instead of one i.e. instead of foreach i (do stuff for i), we have foreach i j(do stuff for i; do stuff for j) I am working under BASH and TCSH shell environments cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop

Hi everyone Does anyone know what is wrong with this script. i keep getting errors foreach filename (`cat testing1`) set string=$filename set depth=`echo "$string" echo $depth end the error is the following testing: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `(' testing: line 1:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed with a foreach loop

So I am back again beating my head against the wall with a shell script and getting a headache! I want to change each year in a file (1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, etc.) to the same year followed by a tab. The input is "blah blah (1980) blah blah". I want to get "blah blah (1980 ) blah blah".... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peggy White
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop to run a perl script on multiple files

Hi, I have thousands of files in a directory that have the following 2 formats: 289620178.aln 289620179.aln 289620180.aln 289620183.aln 289620184.aln 289620185.aln 289620186.aln 289620187.aln 289620188.aln 289620189.aln 289620190.aln 289620192.aln.... and: alnCDS_1.fasta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greptastic
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop in unix script

Hi all, I have a script which searches for all sql files in the current directory and replaces all sql files with an underscore with a dash. The next part I need to do is record the number of changes made (underscore to dash) and display this value (e.g.2). This is what I have so far; find /... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawi
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL foreach & open not working together

My script is as below: my $tile_list = `egrep "FCFP_TILE_LIST.*=" ${BudgetDir}/tile.params | sed -e 's/FCFP_TILE_LIST//' | sed -e 's/=//'`; print "Tile List = ".$tile_list."\n"; my @tiles = split(/\s+/, $tile_list); $unconst_out = "${DestDir}/Unconstrained_ports.rpt"; $check_tim_out =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuchi7
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach .gz file in a directory -- Not working

Hi, I am trying to add for loop in my code for all the .gz files in a directory. example code: for i in $PWD/input/*.dz do echo " file is :: $i " done This is not working as expectation and the output is : file is :: /home/IB/input/*.dz However, for i in $PWD/input/*... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IB_88
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach loop with two variables

I need to put together a script that will take the contents of two different files (database name and database owner) and put them in two variables within a line: foreach x (`cat /local/hd3/dba/tools/build_db_scripts/dbs`) foreach z (`cat /local/hd3/dba/tools/build_db_scripts/dbas`)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deneuve01
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)