Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Conditional Shell Statement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional Shell Statement Post 302542477 by Corona688 on Wednesday 27th of July 2011 04:59:24 PM
Old 07-27-2011
I'd try running env after logging in with different utilities and seeing what differences there are.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk conditional statement

how can i use awk or sed to do a conditional statement, so that HH:MM if MM not great than 30 , then MM=00 else MM=30 ie: 10:34 will display 10:30 10:29 will display 10:00 a=$(echo 10:34 | awk ......) Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3Gmobile
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

quoting in conditional statement

can somebody help, what quote i should use in below statement or what wrong of it ? the 1st (*) is a char, the 2nd and 3rd (*) is a wildcard if ] && ] && ] ................^ .............^ then echo "ok" fi thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3Gmobile
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional statement

Hi Does Unix have a conditional statement like Java as follows: Condition ? Statement1 : Statement2 Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional statement

Hi all, The following code is to find if a list of numbers from one file are within the range in another file. awk -F, '\ BEGIN { while ((getline < "file2") > 0) file2=$3 } {for (col1 in file2) if ($0>=30 && $1<=45) print $0} ' FILE1 But where I have the number 30 and 45, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if conditional statement

Hi, I have a script like this: sample.sh mapping=$1 if then echo "program passed" fi I'm running the above script as ./sample.sh pass The script is not getting executed and says "integer expression expected" Could anyone kindly help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conditional statement in bash

I want to combine 2 conditional statements by using -o in bash, but it won't work. if ; then echo "The number needs to be between 0 and $nr" fi Each time i execute the file it says: ./selectCitaat: line 10: syntax error near unexpected token `$1' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc.arne
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement with grep as conditional

Please see the script segment below for i in $files do echo $i if ; then case "$1" in "IE0263"|"IE0264"|"IE0267"|"IE0268") short_filename=`ls -l $i | cut -c108-136 | sort` ;; "IE0272"|"IE0273") short_filename=`ls -l $i | cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmahal
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

conditional statement

I need to implement something like this. 1) search for a file(say *.doc) from a path (say /home/user/temp) 2) if file found & if file size > 0 : yes --> file valid else : print file not valid. I am trying to implement something like this, but seems i am terribly wrong somewhere.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: animesharma
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional statement in SFTP

Hi, I wanted to know if we can use conditional statements like if--else--fi inside an automated SFTP script session. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
1 Replies

10. Programming

Getting error at conditional statement.

Hi experts, I am doing an exercise which has the following requirements. Charlie will bite your finger exactly 50% of the time. First, write a function isBitten() that returns TRUE with 50% probability, and FALSE otherwise To generate a webpage that displays "Charlie bit your finger!" or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navneet_das_123
1 Replies
tcp-env(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   tcp-env(1)

NAME
tcp-env - set up TCP-related environment variables SYNOPSIS
tcp-env [ -rR ] [ -ttimeout ] program [ arg ... ] DESCRIPTION
The input for tcp-env must be a TCP connection. tcp-env finds out information about that connection, puts the information into several environment variables as described in tcp-environ(5), and runs program with the given arguments. Usually tcp-env is run from inetd. It might instead be run from another server that already sets up the right environment variables; if PROTO is set to TCP when tcp-env is invoked, tcp-env assumes that all the other variables are set up properly, and it does not check whether the input is a TCP connection. OPTIONS
-r (Default.) Attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -R Do not attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -ttimeout Give up on the TCPREMOTEINFO connection attempt after timeout seconds. Default: 30. SEE ALSO
tcp-environ(5), inetd(8) tcp-env(1)