Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed not working the way i want it Post 302542341 by GQiang on Wednesday 27th of July 2011 09:16:06 AM
Old 07-27-2011
OK done i know le THANK!

Last edited by GQiang; 07-28-2011 at 02:55 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed not working

Hi, Iam doing the following using sed in a script , it is NOT working line_old= 3754|Yes|Yes line_new= 3754|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes sed -e 's/$line_old/$line_new/' data.$$ > tmp.$$ mv tmp.$$ data.$$ Regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed command not working

Hi, I have a test file as follows: 1G102119 ^ AA1179291 ^ 06oct2006 09:50:35^ 73.4^ 2^ 13^ 0^ 1493 1G102119 ^ AA1179291 ^ 06oct2006 09:49:45^ 73.4^ 2^ 13^ 0^ 1493 1G102119 ^ AA1179291 ^ 06oct2006 09:48:58^ 73.4^ 2^ 17^ 0^ 2 1G102119 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi_kiran_v
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed not working

I am working on sed ... to replace a string... but not able to save. i need to repalce a string in httpd.conf in numerous directories. I am doing this find /opt/apache/*/conf/ -name httpd.conf -exec sed 's/LogLevel debug/LogLevel error/g' {} \; even tried with find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: logic0
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed not working for me.

Hi All, I need to modify ifcfg-eth0 file. The file currently contains the following: ONBOOT=no The desired output of the file is: ONBOOT=no DEVICE=eth0 BOOTPROTO=static IPADDR=234.235.34.56 NETMASK=255.255.255.0 GATEWAY=234.235.34.1 I know sed can help me in this, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed not working

Hi All, Need some assistance n my script. My file is LBXBC040904071724 and output should be LBX0904071704 tempFile=`echo $file | cut -c 4-7` tempFile1=`echo $file | sed -e s/$tempFile//` min=`expr substr $tempFile1 12 2` cycleno=`expr substr $tempFile 3 2` newFile=`echo $tempFile1 |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jda
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -i not working in HP unix

hi i want to append the number in each file,but when i ran this command:- sed -i "1i 50" filename its giving error sed: illegal option -- i in HP unix but its working in linux. any advice !!!!!!!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed not working

hello, I am not able to redirect the output to the same file, where I am searching and replacing a pattern. D:\>cat abc.txt abc D:\>sed "s\abc\xyz\g" abc.txt > abc.txt D:\>cat abc.txt D:\> If I dont redirect the output to abc.txt, the command is working fine, even if I append the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetanpunekar
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I sed its not working!

sed -i '' 's:'<string>/Users/testuser/Desktop/test.sh</string>':'something':g' log.txt The log file has this in <string>/Users/testuser/Desktop/test.sh</string> and I want to change it to something This code isn't working any ideas? Its doing my head in! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed command not working

Hello There - Iam trying to get this expdp running for oracle backup. And this is the code below: ### Run the export. ### Comment out any LOGFILE parameters in the .par file. if grep -i "Logfile" /<Path>$1_$2_$3.par; then ## Comment out any LOGFILE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkilaru
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Working with if and sed in UNIX

I have a text file containing multiple lines like password="&test."; password="xyz"; password='write some'; password="&testwrite."; today='o1jan2017'd; ----------------- ------------------ I don't want to replace the string value which are starting with & for Password variable... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshabag
3 Replies
diffmk(1)							   User Commands							 diffmk(1)

NAME
diffmk - mark differences between versions of a troff input file SYNOPSIS
diffmk oldfile newfile markedfile DESCRIPTION
diffmk compares two versions of a file and creates a third version that includes "change mark" (.mc) commands for nroff(1) and troff(1). oldfile and newfile are the old and new versions of the file. diffmk generates markedfile, which, contains the text from newfile with troff(1) "change mark" requests (.mc) inserted where newfile differs from oldfile. When markedfile is formatted, changed or inserted text is shown by | at the right margin of each line. The position of deleted text is shown by a single *. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of diffmk when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: An example of the diffmk command. diffmk can also be used in conjunction with the proper troff requests to produce program listings with marked changes. In the following command line: example% diffmk old.c new.c marked.c ; nroff reqs marked.c | pr the file reqs contains the following troff requests: .pl 1 .ll 77 .nf .eo .nh which eliminate page breaks, adjust the line length, set no-fill mode, ignore escape characters, and turn off hyphenation, respectively. If the characters | and * are inappropriate, you might run markedfile through sed(1) to globally change them. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
diff(1), nroff(1), sed(1), troff(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) BUGS
Aesthetic considerations may dictate manual adjustment of some output. File differences involving only formatting requests may produce undesirable output, that is, replacing .sp by .sp 2 will produce a "change mark" on the preceding or following line of output. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 diffmk(1)