Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Curious
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Curious Post 302542330 by GQiang on Wednesday 27th of July 2011 08:56:16 AM
Old 07-27-2011
Curious

I dont get something about sed

If i have a text file inside contain
Code:
a:a:a:a:a

Code:
sed "s/"$title:$author:$price:$qtyAvailable:$qtySold"/"$Ntitle:$author:$price:$qtyAvailable:$qtySold"/"

This work!!

but

If i have a text file inside contain
Code:
Tom Tom:La La:Di Di :Do Do :De DE

It cannot work =(
error
Code:
sed: -e expression #1, char 7: unterminated `s' command

Last edited by pludi; 07-27-2011 at 10:16 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just curious, does Unix stand for anything?

If not, where did the name come from? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pudad
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Curious

Dear All I am curious to know, that in a system compromise, when someone has access to a box, does that individual have access to a shell on the system, i.e. the person is logging into the system using telnet or SSH to remotely access the box?? How does this individual/ hacker access the system. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Curious Dummy

I have a website but I do not for the life of me know how to upload using unix based command lines. Can someone send me a good site that has these commands. That and I am curious to know more about command line based interfacing. :D Curious Dummy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: highway39
1 Replies

4. Linux

Curious?

To correct most of the problems with this language, How do I remove the DOS and WORD stuff from it? These come from the fact that it was written on those with a Microsoft supplied platform at the writers request. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: River Freight
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Curious 'ls' Issue

Hi, I am seeing a curious issue with 'ls' command. If I open a telnet session of my Solaris box and give "ls". The output is in 3 columns. a b c d e f g h i j k l However, if I give the same command after a couple of hours in the same window, it goes to 6 columns according to the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

curious

sorry, just simple question: how can i do this in bash> foreach i( 1 2 3 ) sed 's/Hello/Howdy/g' test$i > test$i.new mv test$i.new test$i end (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurosaki
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Curious about the -9

I was talking to a coworker and we got into a discussion about the -9. No one knew where the -9 came from and it's not in the man. I suggested that it was like counting to 10 (0-9) and you finally get to the point that that's it, the durned thing is going to die. So how did the -9 come to mean... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pflickner
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two curious questions

Hi, I have been thinking about a few things that I have no idea of how to do with a scripting language (awk/sed I know to make proper use of just these 2). 1. Is there a way to have persistent variables? Say a variable that will be held in memory, and which can be accessed by subsequent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)