Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to Make interface 1000Mbps? Post 302542247 by getrue on Wednesday 27th of July 2011 04:54:11 AM
Old 07-27-2011
You should check your switches.

Code:
#dladm show-dev
igb0            link: up        speed: 100   Mbps       duplex: full    // connect to 100 mbps
igb1            link: unknown   speed: 0     Mbps       duplex: half
igb2            link: up        speed: 1000  Mbps       duplex: full   // connected 1000 mbps
igb3            link: up        speed: 1000  Mbps       duplex: full   // connected 1000 mbps
clprivnet0              link: unknown   speed: 0     Mbps       duplex: unknown
#

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Error in issuing a make and make install

Hi, Recently I install a package and try to do a make and make install. However, in the make it gives me below error:- make:Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am' make:Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am' Can anyone please explain to me what does this mean? I have been trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between configure/make/make install.

Hi, While installation of apache on linux, we perform the below tasks. 1) Untar 2) configure 3) make 4) make install. I wanted to understand the difference and working of configure/make/make install. Can any one help me understanding this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

5. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

7. Programming

Issue with make, no rule to make target etc.

I have been trying to split up my src directory to clear out files that are not re-compiled very often. Now I have the following setup in my trunk, trunk/bld trunk/src/ trunk/src/src_server trunk/makefile.linux In the make file, I have compile rules SOURCELOC = src # compile src c++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Haed code nxge0 nic interface with full duplex & 1000mbps

Hi All I would need to do hard code of nxge0 nic to full duplex & 1000mbps. So that whenever solaris server come up after reboot. it will show full duplex & 1000mbps setting only. Please also let me know how to do it online through command. regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
0 Replies
amd8111s(7D)							      Devices							      amd8111s(7D)

NAME
amd8111s - AMD-8111 Fast Ethernet Network Adapter driver SYNOPSIS
/dev/amd8111s DESCRIPTION
The amd8111s Fast Ethernet driver is a multi-threaded, loadable, clonable, GLD-based STREAMS driver supporting the Data Link Provider Interface, dlpi(7P), on the AMD-8111 Fast Ethernet Network Adapter. The amd8111s driver functions include controller initialization, frame transmit and receive, promiscuous and multicast support, and error recovery and reporting. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The cloning, character-special device /dev/amd8111 is used to access all AMD-8111 Fast Ethernet devices installed within the system. The amd8111s driver is managed by the dladm(1M) command line utility, which allows VLANs to be defined on top of amd8111s instances and for amd8111s instances to be aggregated. See dladm(1M) for more details. CONFIGURATION
By default, the amd8111s driver performs auto-negotiation to select the link speed and mode. Link speed and mode can be any of the follow- ing: 100 Mbps, full-duplex. 100 Mbps, half-duplex. 10 Mbps, full-duplex. 10 Mbps, half-duplex. FILES
/dev/amd8111s* Special character device. /kernel/drv/amd8111s* 32-bit ELF kernel module (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/amd8111s* 64-bit ELF Kernel module (x86). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability SUNW8111s | |Architecture x86 | |Interface Stability Committed | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dladm(1M), attributes(5), streamio(7I), dlpi(7P) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide Network Interfaces Programmer's Guide SunOS 5.11 30 Jul 2007 amd8111s(7D)