Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to compare two columns and retrieve data Post 302542154 by yazu on Tuesday 26th of July 2011 11:01:29 PM
Old 07-27-2011
???
Code:
awk '$1 == $5' problem.txt

Quote:
Code:
3205 1 1 1.00000 3205 1 2 2.00000
3254 51 42 0.82353 3254 82 130 1.58537
But you haven't such strings in your input file. What exactly kind of processing do you need?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve data from a file

Hello guys I want to retrieve two data from a file, like this: bash-2.03$ cat numtest 123456 123457 bash-2.03$ more ./test_num #!/bin/bash num1= num2= cnt=1 while read x do num${cnt}=$x cnt=$(($cnt+1)) done <$1 echo $num1 "\n" $num2 But when i executed this script, error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve data using awk command

I have a txt file with below data (textfile1.txt) select col1, col2 from Schema_Name.Table_Name1 select * from Schema_Name.Table_Name2 select col1, col2, col3 from Schema_Name.Table_Name3 select col1 from Schema_Name.Table_Name4 My output should look like Table_Name1 Table_Name2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad4004
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data and columns script

Hello all, I have below SQLs to compare data between 2 identical tables.in my database. Can any body help me to convert this into a script db2 "select *from TAB1 where PK IN (select PK from TAB2) order by BEDG_NR". Note: These SQL should run for any given 2 tables as input TAB1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How to compare two columns and fetch the common data with additional column

Dear All, I am new to this forum and please ignore my little knowledge :p I have two types of data (a subset is given below) data version 1: 439798 2 1 451209 1 2 508696 2 1 555760 2 1 582757 1 2 582889 1 2 691827... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evoll
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

More time to retrieve data from DB

Hi All, It takes around one hour to retrieve 3 lakhs data from DB. I feel this can be still more reduced, please help me in improvising the below code, to get it retrieve faster, atleast 30 to 45 minutes. sqlplus -s ${OCAU_DB_UNAME}/${OCAU_DB_UPSWD}@${OCAU_DB_NAME} > /apps/data/filedata.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattamuthu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retrieve lines that the first 4 columns have different values

Hi, all: I am not familiar with unix,and just started awk scripts. I want to retrieve lines that have the first 4 columns with different values. For example, the input is like this (tab delimited file with one header) r1 A A A A x r2 A B B A x r3 B B B B x the output should be (header is... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2awkin2011
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve data from Remote machine

Hello Please I ask if it is possible to recover data that is stored on a remote machine that I access via ssh on a usb ? if so, how? Thank you so much (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of two files and retrieve data

Hi guys, I need your help. I have two files: file1 1 3 5 file2 1,XX 2,AA 3,BB 4,CC 5,DD I would like to compare the first column and where they are equal to write that output in a new file: 1,XX 3,BB (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell script to compare files and retrieve connections

Hello, I want to use shell script to generate network files (I tried with python but its taking too long). I have a list of nodes: node.txt LOC_Os11g37970 LOC_Os01g07760 LOC_Os03g19480 LOC_Os11g45740 LOC_Os06g08290 LOC_Os07g02800 I have an edge-list as well: edge.txt Source_node ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)