Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problem with control file and special character Post 302542129 by rshivarkar on Tuesday 26th of July 2011 08:17:59 PM
Old 07-26-2011
Problem with control file and special character

I am getting error when loading data file using ctl file. I get this error only when there is special character.
Below is some data.

DataFile=>

company_id|ciu_id|english_name|iso_country_code|active|partner_name
1-2JT-122||Expert Järvenpää|FI|A|Expert Järvenpää

Control File=>
LOAD DATA
CHARACTERSET UTF8
APPEND INTO TABLE MyTable
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|'
TRAILING NULLCOLS
(
COMPANY_ID,
CIU_ID,
ENGLISH_NAME,
ISO_COUNTRY_CODE,
ACTIVE,
ACTIVE_PARTNER_NAME,
)

Error=>

Record 1: Rejected - Error on table “MyTable”, column ACTIVE.
ORA-12899: value too large for column " MyTable"."ACTIVE" (actual: 25, maximum: 4)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Mount a character special file

Hi together I have 2 systems, mars and venus. The configuration is the same. Every system has a SDLT. I will now backup the datas from mars on the tapedevice from venus. I have shareed the tapedevice (venus) and mounted on mars. Now my problem: when I write on the mountet tapedevice, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem deleting file with special character

I'm having problems deleting a file with a special character and I'm hoping that somebody here can help. The file "-osample1.c" will not remove from my directory. Here is an example of what happens. Any ideas would be appreciated. > ls *sample1* ls: illegal option -- . usage: ls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hart1165
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a special character in file

hi i want to delete a particular character in file. example file name:abcsample abc=bbbqw3/ hidh=ajjqiwio4/ xyx=hakjp/ ........../ ......./ i want to delete that special character (/) in abcsample file.please give the required commands for my requirement. thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a special character in file

hi i want to delete a particular character in file. example file name:abcsample abc=bbbqw3/ hidh=ajjqiwio4/ xyx=hakjp/ ........../ ......./ i want to delete that special character (/) in abcsample file Permnently.please give the required commands for my requirement. required... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivsn
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Control character in a file

Hi All, I am looking for a solution to capture any ASCII control character in a file ( where the ASCII control character is in decimal value from 0 to 31 and 127 ( Hex value from 00 to 1F and 7F ) ) by returning any affected lines. The intended good file should contain "ASCII printable... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cursive
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Special character in my file

I have a special character in my file. It displays as a '#' sign but when I do this command I do not find the line. fgrep 'G#ant' file1 I want to replace the special character with another value but I need to know what character it really is. Any ideas on how to replace this '#' value with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ryan2786
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Special Character from File.

Hi, My file has this special character "^M" I would like to remove this characters. eg: abc,abc,^M i tried using sed but doesnt work. i used octal dump command to see special character it returns following: 015 \r Appreciate your reply. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

control M character in unix file

in a file we are getting control character in a file , is there any way that they can be removed once we have the file for eg. BEGIN-PROCEDURE INITIALIZE ^M LET #row_count = 0^M ^M ^M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Special character ^@ in CSV file

All, I am having a tough time with Linux and CSV file. My CSV file gets generated from Cognos on Linux machine that contains special characters. At first instance when I do vi <filename> to that file, I can't see anything. I did tail -2 and redirected to another temp file and did vi <filename>,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: donadarsh
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Special control characters in file

Hi Guys, We receive some huge files on to Linux server. Source system use FTP mechanism to transfer these files on our server. Occasionally one record is getting corrupted while transfer, some control characters are injecting into the file. How to fix this issue ? please advice ? Sample... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies
Class::Data::Inheritable(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Class::Data::Inheritable(3)

NAME
Class::Data::Inheritable - Inheritable, overridable class data SYNOPSIS
package Stuff; use base qw(Class::Data::Inheritable); # Set up DataFile as inheritable class data. Stuff->mk_classdata('DataFile'); # Declare the location of the data file for this class. Stuff->DataFile('/etc/stuff/data'); # Or, all in one shot: Stuff->mk_classdata(DataFile => '/etc/stuff/data'); DESCRIPTION
Class::Data::Inheritable is for creating accessor/mutators to class data. That is, if you want to store something about your class as a whole (instead of about a single object). This data is then inherited by your subclasses and can be overriden. For example: Pere::Ubu->mk_classdata('Suitcase'); will generate the method Suitcase() in the class Pere::Ubu. This new method can be used to get and set a piece of class data. Pere::Ubu->Suitcase('Red'); $suitcase = Pere::Ubu->Suitcase; The interesting part happens when a class inherits from Pere::Ubu: package Raygun; use base qw(Pere::Ubu); # Raygun's suitcase is Red. $suitcase = Raygun->Suitcase; Raygun inherits its Suitcase class data from Pere::Ubu. Inheritance of class data works analogous to method inheritance. As long as Raygun does not "override" its inherited class data (by using Suitcase() to set a new value) it will continue to use whatever is set in Pere::Ubu and inherit further changes: # Both Raygun's and Pere::Ubu's suitcases are now Blue Pere::Ubu->Suitcase('Blue'); However, should Raygun decide to set its own Suitcase() it has now "overridden" Pere::Ubu and is on its own, just like if it had overriden a method: # Raygun has an orange suitcase, Pere::Ubu's is still Blue. Raygun->Suitcase('Orange'); Now that Raygun has overridden Pere::Ubu futher changes by Pere::Ubu no longer effect Raygun. # Raygun still has an orange suitcase, but Pere::Ubu is using Samsonite. Pere::Ubu->Suitcase('Samsonite'); Methods mk_classdata Class->mk_classdata($data_accessor_name); Class->mk_classdata($data_accessor_name => $value); This is a class method used to declare new class data accessors. A new accessor will be created in the Class using the name from $data_accessor_name, and optionally initially setting it to the given value. To facilitate overriding, mk_classdata creates an alias to the accessor, _field_accessor(). So Suitcase() would have an alias _Suitcase_accessor() that does the exact same thing as Suitcase(). This is useful if you want to alter the behavior of a single accessor yet still get the benefits of inheritable class data. For example. sub Suitcase { my($self) = shift; warn "Fashion tragedy" if @_ and $_[0] eq 'Plaid'; $self->_Suitcase_accessor(@_); } AUTHOR
Original code by Damian Conway. Maintained by Michael G Schwern until September 2005. Now maintained by Tony Bowden. BUGS and QUERIES Please direct all correspondence regarding this module to: bug-Class-Data-Inheritable@rt.cpan.org COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (c) 2000-2005, Damian Conway and Michael G Schwern. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perltooc has a very elaborate discussion of class data in Perl. perl v5.16.2 2008-01-25 Class::Data::Inheritable(3)