Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SYS/MB/CPU0 Fault on mainboard Post 302542112 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 26th of July 2011 06:16:24 PM
Old 07-26-2011
you can disable a component from the ilom... it's easy from the webinterpace. from inside solaris you can use the "psradm" command to disable cpu's.
but why not change the MB with a call at oracle (if you've a service contract)?
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Sys Administration

What happend to the Administration board, How come no one posts there? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tovsky
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BSD Sys 5????

Since I failed a test that I didn't have the chance to study for, my wonderful instructor told me to write a paper about BSD sys 5. I can't find anything...does it even exist yet??? If you have any input, I would love you forever if you can enlighten me ASAP. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toughgirl27
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Differences Sys 5 and BSD

Hi I would like to know the difference between System V release and BSD style release. Regards, Raja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Any sys admins from uk?

Hello Guys, im new to this forum. Im from UK and ive recently completed my SCSA I & II and also got trained in Veritas Suite (Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas Clusters, Veritas NetBackup), SAN Configuration. I was trying to get a break as a junior sun solaris admin. I am applying for the jobs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megadeth
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Raid help for new sys admin

Hi, I have a Sunfire v240 with 4 72GB internal disks (drive 0 is the system disk). Scratch the following ( Revised requirements below) I need to set up a Raid using the remaining 3 disks for a Oracle database, but don't know how to do it (or the size of the database). I don't know if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antalexi
1 Replies

6. Solaris

question about sys-unconfig

Hi there, We are trying to move our Sun Solaris 10 servers to new location (different state); the subnets will be changing ofcourse and so will the IP addresses; we plan to change hostname too. Questions: 1)If we perform sys-unconfig will the current installed application/data be lost? If so,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deedee
4 Replies

7. Solaris

CPU0 error and anything else??

Dear Expert, My english not very good,but i have problem with our server like below: Mar 11 06:51:00 SUNW,UltraSPARC-II: errID 0x00000198.aa7aa31c Above Error is in User Mode Mar 11 06:51:00 unix: WARNING: initiating reboot due to above error in pid 1635 (sar) Mar 11 06:51:04 unix: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
4 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

9. Programming

Interactive Python 3.5+ sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() bug?

(Apologies for any typos.) OSX 10.12.3 AND Windows 10. This is for the serious Python experts on at least 3.5.x and above... In script format sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() seems to work correctly. Have I found a serious bug in the interactive sys.stdout.write() AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
psradm(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 psradm(8)

NAME
psradm, offline, online - Stops and starts processors in a multiprocessor system SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/psradm -f [-v] [[-a] [processor_id...]] /usr/sbin/psradm -n [-v] [[-a] [processor_id...]] /usr/sbin/online [-v] [processor_id...] /usr/sbin/offline [-v] [processor_id...] OPTIONS
The following options apply only to the psradm command: Specifies that all the processors except the master processor be put off line or on line. Puts the specified processor off line. Puts the specified processor on line. The following option applies to all forms of the command: Displays a message about the status of the operation performed on each processor. DESCRIPTION
On a multiprocessor system, the psradm command puts one or more processors off line (stops a processor) or on line (starts a processor). The processor_id variable specifies an integer that uniquely identifies a processor. Use the psrinfo command to display processor identi- fication numbers. The offline command puts one or more processors off line (stops a processor). If no processors are specified, all processors that are on line are stopped except the master processor. The online command puts one or more processors on line (starts a processor). If no processors are specified, all processors that are off line are started. Note that you cannot use these commands to start or stop the master processor in a multiprocessor system. You must be the root user to use this command. The /var/adm/wtmp file contains information about successful processor state transitions. RESTRICTION
Do not use the psradm command to disable CPUs when benchmarking performance, because the command does not provide an accurate reflection of the performance of a system that actually has fewer CPUs. Accurate performance results are obtained only when you disable the CPUs at the SRM console command level. EXAMPLES
The following command puts processors 2 and 3 off line: # psradm -f 2 3 The following command puts all the processors on line: # psradm -n -a The following command puts all processors on line: # online -v FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_info(1), psrinfo(1) Files: processor_sets(4) psradm(8)