Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Sending script output as email Post 302542011 by h@foorsa.biz on Tuesday 26th of July 2011 11:17:39 AM
Old 07-26-2011
If the log file contains date in fixed format , easily you can grep lines that contains the logged lines

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email from KSH unix script.

Hi Need guidance on including code to mail a couple of files atached with some subject and mail body !!.. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachments using email through shell script

Hi all, I have written a shell script which sends emails with attachments to our clients. All our attachments are simple flat files (.txt format). The script is working fine and sending the attachments to the mail-ids except that, when i am sending the attachments to non-outlook users (Like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: symhonian
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email sending through a shell script

Hi everyone, I have a shell script that I use to send some emails with attachments. Based on the attachment file that is being sent, I choose the recipient. My file_list.txt looks like this CAJ.txt;sm@email.com KXLD.txt;jc@email.com I do a grep on this file to look for the file name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: memonks
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a shell script in cron...email not sending - help??

I am pretty new to Unix shell scripting, but wondered if anyone could help (in layman's terms if possible!!) :) I have a shell script which ultimately sends an alert to an email address if part of a batch of programs fails. Here's the script that sends the email: Script: 6check.csh... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjhorwood
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email from a ksh script

hi all, i have a ksh script which is meant to send an email with an attachment. i use the following command to send email /usr/bin/uuencode $logFn $logFn | /usr/bin/mail -s "restoration results" $EMAILTO; where '$logFn' is the name of the file including the full path e.g... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering and sending sar output via email

We have a program which create sar output files which has a weeks data... To read file we use sar -f sa15 command which has multiple days data( a weeks data)....we need to only get last 48 hours data and email it to different users.... I guess we can use combination of sar -o or even awk.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email from shell script

Hi, I need to send email from a shell script. i echoed some information to a file and i am doing cat command in the email syntax thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky1954
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending output of command via email

Hi all i want to send the output of a command by email, i have done this <comand> | mail -s <subject> <email address> which works well, but if the command retunrs noting then i just get a blank email, is there a way to stop this thanks Adam (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email in shell script

Can anyone help me out how to send the email without the word success while sending to the recipient. echo "success" | mailx -s "webshell instance has been started noiw" implementation@tkcl.com (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending sql output to email body with conditional subject line

hi , i have written below piece of code to meet the requirement but i am stuck in the logic here. the requirement are: 1) to send the sql out put to email body with proper formatting. 2) if count_matching = Yes then mail should triggered with the subject line ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzkashi
10 Replies
pgfouine(1)							   User Commands						       pgfouine(1)

NAME
pgfouine - PostgreSQL log analyzer SYNOPSIS
pgfouine -file <file> [-top <n>] [-format <format>] [-logtype <logtype>] [-report [outputfile=]<block1,block2>] DESCRIPTION
-file <file> log file to analyze - read the log from stdin instead of -file -top <n> number of queries in lists. Default is 20. -format <format> output format: html, html-with-graphs or text. Default is html. -logtype <logtype> log type: syslog or stderr. Default is syslog. for stderr, you have to use the following log_line_prefix: '%t [%p]: [%l-1] ' -report [outputfile=]<block1,block2> list of report blocks separated by a comma report blocks can be: overall, hourly, bytype, slowest, n-mosttime, n-mostfrequent, n-slowestaverage, history, n-mostfrequenterrors, tsung You can add several -report options if you want to generate several reports at once -examples <n> maximum number of examples for a normalized query -onlyselect ignore all queries but SELECT -from "<date>" ignore lines logged before this date (uses strtotime) -to "<date>" ignore lines logged after this date (uses strtotime) -database <database> consider only queries on this database -user <user> consider only queries executed by this user -title <title> define the title of the reports -syslogident <ident> PostgreSQL syslog identity. Default is postgres. -memorylimit <n> PHP memory limit in MB. Default is 128. -debug debug mode -profile profile mode -help this help AUTHOR
pgfouine was written by Guillaume Smet <guillaume-pg at smet dot org>. This manpage was written by Clement Stenac <zorglub at debian dot org> for the Debian project, but may be used by others. pgfouine August 2006 pgfouine(1)