Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What type of error is this?
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat What type of error is this? Post 302541790 by botao on Monday 25th of July 2011 06:26:17 PM
Old 07-25-2011
Lightbulb a read system call returned -1

- this error means that a read() system call returned -1 ;

- when the read() system call encounters an error condition, it returns -1 ;

- the external variable 'errno' holds a code that helps explain the reason why read() failed ;

- in you case , the code is 104 ;

- do a
Code:
grep 104 /usr/include/errno.h

to see what it means ;

good luck, and success !

alexandre botao
<< botao {dot} org >>
This User Gave Thanks to botao For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unknown File Type error

Greetings there, i was trying to install an eclipse plugin on sunOS 4.x for the solaris sparc platform, and i got the following error: /usr/project/RAServer/bin> ./RAStart.sh Starting Agent Controller ld.so.1: RAServer: fatal: /usr/project/RAServer/lib/libxerces-c.so.24: unknown file type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitsz
3 Replies

2. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

3. Programming

error: field has incomplete type

Hello there, Here is how it goes - I have written a small test driver as an exercise to "Linux Device Drivers" and as a preparation for writing a real, functional driver. For the sake of seeing how far I got it working (I already implemented the open(0, read(), write() and ioctl() calls) I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyanov
4 Replies

4. Programming

error: field `fatx_i' has incomplete type

I'm trying to compile a 2.4.26 kernel but I have to apply two patches to it. The patches are: linux-2.4.26-xbox.patch openMosix-2.4.26-1 This is the reason that it doesn't compile. There is only one error but I'm not familiar with C or C++(Unfortunately only Java and some lower-level... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lateralus01
2 Replies

5. SCO

Error: Value too large for defined data type

Hi all, I have this problem in one of the SCO UNIXWare 7.1.4. We have an application which is working on hundreds of machines. When we try to install the same application on a new machine, the executable/binary gives the following error and exits... "xxx startup failure: Value too large for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chava01
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Build Error: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I'm getting the following Error: prepare_pcap.c: In function `prepare_pkts': prepare_pcap.c:127: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type prepare_pcap.c:138: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ==================================== This is the part of the relevant... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: katwala
8 Replies

7. Programming

getaddrinfo error:service name not available for the specified socket type

I use Solaris 10,and I use getaddrinfo in my code,like follows: struct addrinfo *ailist,hint; if(argc!=2) err_quit("usage: ruptime hostname"); hint.ai_flags=0; hint.ai_family=0; hint.ai_socktype=SOCK_STREAM; hint.ai_protocol=0; hint.ai_addrlen=0; hint.ai_canonname=NULL;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error type order

Hi all, Sample data file... 9f680197||y|a|6 9f6801||6 9f68017|20120511|y|6 9f68017|y|1 9f68017|6 9f68017|20120511|N|2 9f68017|MD|212343907|20120511|N|2 9f68017212343907|20120511|N|2 9f68017N|3 9f68017|20120511|y|3 9f68017|MD|212343907|20120511|N|3 9f68017|MD|212343907|20120511|y|3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
3 Replies

9. Programming

Logical Error With Type Conversion In C

So, I'm into about 650 lines of some code I'm working on. So I'll try to explain instead of flooding this post. Say I have some code like this: int main() { int i, j; char data; printf("Gimme something: "); fgets(data, INPUT_BUFF, stdin); for (j = 0; j < data; j++){... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
6 Replies
syscall(3UCB)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Library Functions					     syscall(3UCB)

NAME
syscall - indirect system call SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/cc [ flag ... ] file ... #include <sys/syscall.h> int syscall(number, arg, ...); DESCRIPTION
syscall() performs the function whose assembly language interface has the specified number, and arguments arg .... Symbolic constants for functions can be found in the header <sys/syscall.h>. RETURN VALUES
On error syscall() returns -1 and sets the external variable errno (see intro(2)). FILES
<sys/syscall.h> SEE ALSO
intro(2), pipe(2) NOTES
Use of these interfaces should be restricted to only applications written on BSD platforms. Use of these interfaces with any of the system libraries or in multi-thread applications is unsupported. WARNINGS
There is no way to use syscall() to call functions such as pipe(2) which return values that do not fit into one hardware register. Since many system calls are implemented as library wrappers around traps to the kernel, these calls may not behave as documented when called from syscall(), which bypasses these wrappers. For these reasons, using syscall() is not recommended. SunOS 5.10 22 Jan 1993 syscall(3UCB)